Notices

whats the deal with vodka?

Old 11-14-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

For some reason I could drink vodka straight like water, especially if it was a good kind. Thinking about some nights slugging it out of the bottle actually makes my stomache queasy. Couldn't do that with other liquors
Old 11-15-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

i drank vodka for all the reasons posted. vodka can be cheap yes, but it can also be expensive. anybody can buy plastic handles of whatever spirit they want. i always chose vodka. i just dont know why i chose that over anything else. so weird.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

a lot of my normie (although heavy boozer) friends used to look at me crazy when i ordered vodka shots or mixed drinks with vodka it it. a lot of normal people dont even like vodka and think its gross. most recovering alcoholics i know were vodka drinkers. i just think its strange.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by jvice09 View Post
just curious, i know there are a TON of people that switch over to vodka when then become addicted to alcohol. im just wondering what makes vodka so special? as opposed to other drinks. they say its odorless and tasteless but thats not true, ive been called out a few times, but i get away with it most of the time. im just kind of fascinated with my own problem.
I drank a lot of vodka. Like you, I imagined it was odourless at first, until I began grinning at people and knocking them for six It is cheap and a quick hit. I ended up guzzling it neat from the bottle... erghhh!! If I pick my son up from a club, I sometimes smell it on him and it makes me gag now.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by postparty82 View Post
1. Cheapest way to get drunk per fl. oz. (sad that I know)
2. Easiest to hide on your breath
3. Easiest to hide inside a water bottle, pop bottle, etc.
4. Can be mixed with anything.
5. (to me) least hangover
6. They sell it in the huge plastic jug that will last all weekend.
I agree with all of this. Very easy to hide in public and on your breath. Can mix it with anything, not a bad hang over. I'd also buy the handle jug and get the cheap stuff for like 12-14 bucks. Would last at least 2 days, maybe 2 and a half and then you'd start in on the next handle. Cost next to nothing to be hammered all day everyday.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jvice09 View Post
i drank vodka for all the reasons posted. vodka can be cheap yes, but it can also be expensive. anybody can buy plastic handles of whatever spirit they want. i always chose vodka. i just dont know why i chose that over anything else. so weird.
Cheap vodka is a lot better then cheap gin or whiskey. I think that has a lot to do with it. Other cheap hard booze is even worse then cheap vodka.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I can honestly say I can smell vodka on a person the morning after they have been drinking - even when they are just sitting on the same bus as me and are acting completely sober (guessing they have sobered up by the morning). I can smell it on my students when they sneak out for a drink during their lunch break.

And yet they always deny it when I call them out. LOL.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Years ago, I worked as a cocktail waitress. The bartenders had this saying that you could tell someone was an alcoholic if they ordered a vodka and water. It was the easiest mixed drink to drink because it went down like water.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I found it efficient. I never found it cheap - I was buying two to three 1.5L bottles of Belvedere per week at the cost of $60 a bottle. Absolute and Smirnof gave me greater heartburn. Drinking the more expensive Vodka allowed me to rationalize how I was not an alcoholic.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I never drank it. I was a whiskey girl, through and through.

There was a time or 200 that I did a lemon drop shot because someone else was buying, never turned down free liquor, but it was not what I would have chosen.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Vodka has fewer impurities than other hard liquor. I used to prefer brandy and cognac, but started getting skin discolouration - red blotches - on my face and head which went away when I switched to vodka.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we've pretty much mined this topic out.

Time to move on - lots more people to help and recovery topics to explore

D