Notices

Surrender

Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surrender

Well I tried to get into outpatient treatment but I could not stay in school at the same time, and I do not want to leave school. This weekend I drank and I spent all day drinking. I felt so bad for two days straight. Tonight I am going back to my AA group and trying to figure out where to go from here. I should be finished with school in two weeks and I have no family to support except my father, who is a drunk himself. I am 28 and this is the scariest part of my life. I did meet someone and had fun, I laughed and joked, but I know that once I start drinking I cannot stop. My plan is to stay in school and finish in May. If I keep feeling bad I will do something more drastic. I need to post on SR everyday. I'm so down today and ashamed of my behavior.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Ach.
what do you mean do something more drastic tho? something more drastic recovery wise?

D
Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes like 90 day inpatient treatment. I will have a break from school in two weeks, I thought about doing a 30 day program over the break.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That sounds like a good plan Ach. I hope you'll keep posting too - it helps relieve the anxiety a bit. You know we all understand.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I get it as far as not wanting to let go of the school part. I really like your idea of trying some type of programming during your break. I'm also really really really glad to hear that you really get how continuing to drink won't work for you. It took me such a long time to get that. I also think posting every day is great!