Notices

My Brains & Body seem to HATE it now...

Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Brains & Body seem to HATE it now...

One day shy of 6 Weeks sober, I decided to have 9 Beers. Wow...unexpected results.

1 - The Alcohol just made me feel 'grumpy/bitter"-I was hoping to turn on the tunes and sing along...NOPE!

2 - It didn't feel nice in My body and brain like before. I only felt dizzy

3 - Gave Me a stomach ache

4 - Felt dizzy for 2 full days afterwards

It seems like after 25 years + of on-and-off alcohol abuse, I am powerless over the fact that whether or not My MIND wanted to drink, it's just come to the point where My Physiology is just saying "NOPE-Move on, Bozo"!

"It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave"
Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I hear you Diffingo.

Last time I tried to make alcohol work for me, it just had its way with me. For days.

The "alcohol is fun and relaxing" ship has long sailed for this old mariner.

Now is just brings with it sea sickness and wobbly legs.

I think its a gift though. I really do. We finally are able to realize how deadly that poison is.

Be well.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At 106 days sober my alcoholic voice keeps telling me I should have a drink and I can do it in moderation.

But I know it's a lie and if I do drink it will be a big letdown. I will feel guilty that I broke sobriety and I am certain the buzz will suck.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats the one Doug, its the alcoholic in you, leading you towards more misery, but selling it to you like its apple pie and ice cream.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrTumble View Post
Thats the one Doug, its the alcoholic in you, leading you towards more misery, but selling it to you like its apple pie and ice cream.

A few years back I was on medication from oral surgery and couldn't drink for 10 days.

All I thought about for those 10 days was how great it will be to drink again.

When I was done with the meds I went to the bar, had like 4 or 5 beers, and remember thinking "this wasn't worth dreaming about for 10 days".

It was a big letdown back than - I am sure it would be a much bigger letdown now.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know how ya feel diff.. Last time I allowed myself to have a few drinks after a couple of months off the bottle I definitely didn't feel the expected effects of alcohol. I didn't get any euphoria and just felt a bit nauseated and agitated. Almost felt like an allergy! I've not had anything since then so I don't know if it was a one time response or what.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

After being 110 days sober, it's hard to say how having a drink would affect me.

I remember when I was a teenager and in my early 20's I rarely drank alcohol and when I did I got wasted quick, felt awful and then was hungover and sick for days. I really hated it and only did it to go along with the crowd. My father was an abusive alcoholic and I hated what his drinking did to our family.

During my 25 years of daily drinking from age 25 to 50, alcohol was a constant factor in my life so I got used to what it did to me.

I would hope that having a drink would make me feel like $hit - that way it would help me to not want to drink again.