Notices

Kitten Sitting

Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kitten Sitting

So, it's Saturday night, and I'm home alone. There was a time that this would have been prime solitary drinking time. No one else home, so I could drink with abandon, then Sunday tomorrow, so even a bad hangover could be coped with. It's pretty sick that this would have made me very happy once.

So what am I doing? Babysitting a tiny kitten that my son found yesterday, abandoned with two others in a dumpster behind the restaurant he works at. He found homes for the other two, so while he's at work I'm watching this tiny girl, with the help of my Border Collie Jake.

There was a time when I would NEVER have been entrusted with such a task. Heck, I wouldn't have trusted myself. In the near five years since I stopped drinking, one of the sweetest gifts that I've been given is the opportunity to be responsible, whether it's my Sister asking me to stay with her boys for the weekend, or my son needing my help tonight, God it's just so wonderful to be trusted again.

BTW....here is Jake, wondering what in the world has invaded his space tonight...

Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, how this made me smile! I love animals and there's just nothing like that unconditional love they give us. How fortunate you are to have this opportunity to look after such an innocent little kitty. ((((HUGS))))
Old 11-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Loved your post longbeachone! I'm an animal lover too and what a wonderful way to spend the evening. My heart swelled with pride for you, what a long way you've come. Well done!
Old 11-10-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very touching. Thanks for the post!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have two kittens that are now 14 weeks old. I got them when they were 20 days old. They are a joy, and yes, no way could I have taken such good care of them if I wasn't sober.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What an awesome responsibility you have been given!!! Kitten sitting..... I am jealous!!!

Have fun!!!