Notices

I am giving up

Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hope

What do you do when your hope is gone?

I spent the weekend in the city at my Grans house. I had a nice time, meeting friends and walking on the beach.

Now I am back home in the prison.

My brother said to me once that our dad is mom's enabler - he enables her bad behaviour...It's all me, me, me..."I am going to get cancer next because of you kids..."

What does "normal" mean anyway? "I wish my kids were normal"?

I see no point in pretending to myself any more that I am ever going to have a life of my own. It just isn't going to happen.

I am sitting here in tears.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi Tetra,

Don't despair, don't give up. You have a lot of good shares in your thread of others relating to your experiences. My family life was completely dysfunctional too. It is what it is, and eventually you'll find your way out for yourself too. It always is amazing just how much things change for the good when we keep the hope afloat and close to our heart!

Be brave. Have courage. YOU are more important then are any problems and challenges you face. Believing in oneself is always worth the risk of having the struggle to deal with responsibly. Its not always easy of course being responsible, but its always the best choice made, is my ongoing experience with my own challenges.

Hope you have a better time of it ASAP

Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't even relate. Be strong. You can handle this.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
What do you do when your hope is gone?

I spent the weekend in the city at my Grans house. I had a nice time, meeting friends and walking on the beach.

Now I am back home in the prison.

My brother said to me once that our dad is mom's enabler - he enables her bad behaviour...It's all me, me, me..."I am going to get cancer next because of you kids..."

What does "normal" mean anyway? "I wish my kids were normal"?

I see no point in pretending to myself any more that I am ever going to have a life of my own. It just isn't going to happen.

I am sitting here in tears.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO GRAN'S HOUSE!!! Don't let the WOLF in and live out your life there. How is that for a solution?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree with the others that are urging you to stay strong, not give up and get out. You have everything it takes to do what you need to do! I don't know how European social services are set up, but are there agencies or charities that can help you find a job and get your own place? Stay strong!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Tetra find a way out. You will feel so much better!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tetra,

You can't put conditions on your sobriety. Whether your Mom is treating you well or not your sobriety is your own.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My mother was almost exactly like yours but she was also an alcoholic. Please don't be shocked when I say that she was "kind" enough to die when I was 22 years old. I nursed her to the end but she set me free and for that I am always grateful. I hope I would have escaped but I don't know if I could have done.

Please try to get away from her. Her mouth is venomous and you deserve to be able to learn to respect yourself. She is probably an unhappy woman. I do not wish to put her down but you need to leave her to it and find a way to make yourself happy. She never will and it is probably too much to ask of her.

I really empathise with you. Set yourself free. You will never regret it.

Good luck. I send you a giant hug.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Tetra,

Your mother is extremely toxic. Just reading your post I can see how her terrible behaviour is eating away at you and making you sick. Do whatever you can to get away and save yourself! You don't deserve to be treated like you are damaged or inadequate in any way!

It angers me that there are parents out there who are so vile to their children. your mother is quite obviously suffering from some type of personality disorder or mental illness and she is spewing her vitriol onto you.

Free yourself, you deserve all the love, respect, and happiness in the world!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

A mother's job is to nurture.

You mother has not earned the right to the title.

I hope you are ok today.