Notices

Parasympathetic rebound?

Old 10-26-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Parasympathetic rebound?

Hi all!

When i quit drinking i had a tremendous lot of anxiety. At one point when feeling like this everething just dropped in one movement. Like one turns down the light with a dimmer or like a reactor is shut down. I did not feel dizzy or on my way to faint or anything just that i got drained of emotions in one movement. At that moment i thought i had a minor stroke or something. The shift was to fast and dramatic to be normal.

Ever since then ive been incredibly lethargic and it doesent realy lift. I know its normal to feel kind of like this in alcohol recovery but a sudden shift from extreme anxienty to total emotional flatness?

My co workers at the restaurant i work in keeps joking and saying that i should quit whatever drug im on. One commented on my empty eyes and another quietly more seriously asked what kind of pill im really taking. That is the impression i make.

Now its almost two years since it happened and im still like this...
The only thing i've found that resembles what happened to me is something called "Parasympathetic rebound"

Could that be it? Has anyone experienced something like this?

(im sorry for any miss spellings eng is not my native language)
Old 10-26-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bootstrap

have you seen a Dr at all in the two years since you felt this way? It may not be connected to your past drinking at all?

D
Old 10-27-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi bootstrap

have you seen a Dr at all in the two years since you felt this way? It may not be connected to your past drinking at all?

D

I have but they said something like its hard to tell and that i'll should wait and see.

And i'm pretty sure it is connected to the angst that came with the withdrawal.

Also, i felt the same thing as i was drinking at one point to but it lasted only, less than fifteen minutes.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can find all kinds of psychological terms to describe what I'm feeling but the truth is it doesn't really matter what it's called, there is a solution. One Solution go all. When I'm ready to grow I'll accept the plan outlined in the Book and do the work and heal.
If it's important God will reveal it to me then in his way.
AA is simple so I try not to complicate it. I just do the work.