Notices

Looking back

Old 10-25-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking back

Greetings friends,

Although I don't post like I use to when I first became sober I still on occasion log in and read just to give me a boost when I need it. And lately.. I need it. I decided to look back at some of my old posts and re-read what I went through, some of the dilemmas I faced, and so on. I'm very glad I did. SR helped me so much and still continues to do so.

There are many days and nights that I'd love to reunite with my old friend whiskey. When the boredom sets in, when I'm angry or sad, or when I'm excited or happy.. This fight is a lasting difficult one and sometimes I don't know how much longer I can continue on with it. It is through the support of others that I remain sober.

I know an absolute fact.. We cannot do this alone. In the beginning when I felt completely alone I found this place. Thanks to all those who keep this site going and to all my friends in recovery. You help me stay strong each and every day. God bless.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Meg, I tried to do it alone and "my way" for years. It never worked. It wasn't until I started accepting the help and listening to what I was told, especially when it wasn't what I wanted to hear, that things started to sink in. Good post, and keep working at it.