Notices

Third day, trying hard through the withdrawls.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Third day, trying hard through the withdrawls.

Hello everyone, im new to this site.
Im a 22 year old female who has been drinking heavil daily for about 2 years now. I am 5'3 and 120 pounds. Gin was my go to liquor. I would easily have 6 shots a night plus beer on top of that most of the time. Id also drink on my days off in the morning and night. I know how bad it is for you and alcoholism runs on both sides of my family. So i decided to stop drinking 3 days ago.
I made it through 44 hours with no alcohol before i started getting the scarier withdrawl symptoms. Up until that point i was just foggy headed, anxious, tired, a tad shakey and had stomach pains.
Well lastnight right when it hit my 44th hour (almost 2 whole days man..)
I got this impending doom anxiety, got super clammy and nauseous, then when i got up to walk my vision blurred as if i had been pressing my hands into my eyes too long. (Kind of whitish brownish fuzzy light.)
I then felt weak and apparently passed out. Luckily my fiance was home.
All i remember is laying on the floor, and slowly getting my vision back and hearing him calling me. "Kaye are you with me!? Kaye!" Then all i could do was nod yes.
It was seriously the scariest experience ive ever had. He took me to the gas station and i got one 24 oz bud light just to calm it down. Once that was down, i was back to feelin pretty normal.
Its been about 20 hours since i had that beer and im feelin foggy and craving like a bitch, but im ok.
I just want the withdrawl to go away. I dont want to experience anything like that again. It scared my fiance half to death.
Im just here for support and any advice yall can give. Thanks so much.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Matt M

Are you sure you fainted and it wasn't a withdrawal seizure?

Once you get through the 2 or 3 days after stopping then nothing too serious can happen, that's the potentially dangerous side of withdrawal over.
After that it's just the anxiety, mood swings and impending doom i'm afraid.
That's what i'm going through now and today is my 12th day sober.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.

Withdrawing from alcohol is dangerous,DT''s can kick in several days after your last drink,you should seek medical advice as soon as possible.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend you see a Dr for withdrawal help Aboutxaxgirl09...those symptoms sound worrying to me.

D
Old 10-25-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Kaye,

Yes... withdrawals are the worse part of early recovery. The shakes,sweats, hallucinations, blurred vision, clamminess, vomiting, mind games and overall crappiness truly suck! It should serve as a reminder to the majority of us the damage we do and not to go back but unfortunately that's not the case. It truly is pure insanity. I wish you a speedy recovery through this most uncomfortable time and if it continues I agree with others to seek medical attention... it can get pretty dangerous at times. Yet, once the worst passes it gets better!

Good Luck And God Speed,
Jazz
Old 10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Kaye! You found a great place for support & encouragement.

It's fantastic you are doing this at 22. I think it'll really help you to be here with us. We all understand what you're going through like no one else can. Please keep reading & posting. We care about you.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You really need to go to a doctor. Please.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please see the DR, this can be dangerous and it sounds like it already has.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile Thank you all so very much.

I just wanted to say i appreciate all of the advice you all have given me, its really helped!
Today is my fourth day trying to get control back.
No more scary withdrawl symptoms like my first post, mostly just bad anxiety.
Ive been talking to my fiance alot, he is so very supportive as well.
I already feel better and its only my fourth day.
Mornings are so much easier. No vomiting bile and feeling weak, i feel like im ready to take on the day now because instead of having 6-7 shots of gin plus beer im only have one or two beers.(for now, i decided to slowly ween myself off because cold turkey got ugly fast. And this is something i do not want to go to the doc for because my mother has been surrounded by alcoholics in her family her whole life and its seriously break her heart if she knew about my problem. We are very close.)
I have support from my fiance and you guys and i know i can do this.
One night at a time!
Im 22 i dont want to end up sick knowing i couldve prevented it the whole time. I dont want to end up like my uncles. I want to be healthy and happy.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Aboutxaxgirl09 View Post
for now, i decided to slowly ween myself off because cold turkey got ugly fast. And this is something i do not want to go to the doc for because my mother has been surrounded by alcoholics in her family her whole life and its seriously break her heart if she knew about my problem. We are very close.
Withdrawal is potentially lethal, and there are often medical consequences with continuous or acute anxiety.

See a doctor. If you're that close with your mother, she'll be much more relieved that you've seen a doctor than if she knew of your serious withdrawal symptoms. If the roles were reversed, would you be okay with your mother taking care of herself while going through withdrawal?
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

aboutx

hay good job on starting your soberity. they say take it day by day. for me it was hour by hour. but keep it up, your doing so good. you can join the chat room and most of the time there are people there who have been there.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Withdrawal is potentially lethal, and there are often medical consequences with continuous or acute anxiety.

See a doctor. If you're that close with your mother, she'll be much more relieved that you've seen a doctor than if she knew of your serious withdrawal symptoms. If the roles were reversed, would you be okay with your mother taking care of herself while going through withdrawal?
I appreciate it, but as of now i dont feel the need to go to a doctor because i no longer have bad symptoms, only anxiety. My first post was the worst, and it hasnt returned to that state since. I understand also, my mom would most def want me to go to a doctor. But as long as im doing as good as i have the past 4 days, i think ill be alright on my own. thank you for your advice!