Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Twitching,tingling, vibrations in legs lower back and feet 48 hours of the drink

Notices

Twitching,tingling, vibrations in legs lower back and feet 48 hours of the drink

Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've been a heavy drinker for 10 years. I've quit a few times for a month or so but hit the bottle every time. I've been of the drink for 48 hours the hard way with no help from the doctor. I'm shaking and sweating which is normal. The thing I'm worried about is I jerk/twitch about once a hour. I also have tingling in my legs and feet and some strange reason above the bum/lowerback. I also get strange vibrations throughout me body as well. i'm taking multi vits a strong vit B and a vit B1 (thamine).

Has anyone ever had this twitching and tingling and vibrations before? and does it go away and if it does how long does it last? and what could be causing it.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Does anyone know whats good for the shakes except alcohol of course. Also are electrolyte drinks (lucozade) good for the shakes. If they are/not can someone explain why.

thanks for your time
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dont have twitching, but I have muscles moving on their own. Sleeping is a f... nightmare for me. Chest pains, short of breath all other stuff you can think of. It would be nice to see a doctor in your case just to be sure its all okay. Right now iam on librex on a very low dose, it helps during day time but night not sure yet. Lucozade is okay but dont drink too much it might make things worse, usually those drinks are meant to be drank 1 a day or so.

Zinc helps vitamins to be absorbed better, also magnesium and B6 b12 should help with shakes and sleeping.

I'am with you, hold on there!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Matt M

I had the twitching, was always at night tho.

If you've gone 48 hours without alcohol then you're almost pretty much clear of having any withdrawal seizures or anything serious like that.
After 3 days you're fine. From then on it's just the mood swings, anxiety etc.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Sweet stuff, bananas toast and plenty of fluids, I have had all the twitching, tingling, numbness and tuff before. Best of luck xxx
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice I'm of the shop to buy some bananas and magnesium. I'm already stocked up on vit B, Thiamine and multi vits
Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Started feeling it as well now that iam in bed. Mt thoat is also full of some crap ever since i started on librax.
How long anxiety lasts hate this tightness in a chest