Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Alcohol doesn't have to take away the person you were intended to be!

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In my opinion I believe the craving and obsession for alcohol is limited to people who suffer from alcoholism as the BB implies. People that drink normally don't seem to have that thirst I had for alcohol. People who wake up feeling like crap from drinking too much usually don't want to look at booze for weeks. For me, it was a hang-over cure. I wanted another drink. That's not normal. Drinking became the norm and I drank for any reason. The good times were just as dangerous as the bad. It was my solution then it became my problem as bad things started coming fast and furious. Bad thoughts and actions. People I love became less important and things I worked hard to achieve became less important. Eventually alcohol takes away your life and the person you were intended to be.

But now I have an amazing God; amazing people, an amazing program, and an amazing life. There is a solution! Hang in there and let go. It's nice to know there are so many just like me out there willing to help and share their experiences. Thank You!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! I agree it takes a lot from us.

I think the first time I tried to quit I wanted to just be normal and I wanted to be able to go back to my old life before I drank. I found that was not the case.

I got a new life and I can be the person God intended me to be. I really feel he took my hand because he had a greater plan for me then the one I had for myself. It is still unraveling and I have work to do but I am moving forward.

I would not be where I am today if it was not for the AA program, the people and finding a HP that I can give me problems to and share my experience with. I am grateful for all I have been given.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

By the way , I am going to assume that beautiful picture is your Gracie Lou?

She is beautiful, all knowing, and has a beautiful spirit just like Dogone Carl's Wilma Girl. Just love seeing their pictures.

Thanks.
Trix
Old 10-23-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's scary to think of all the "Could Fave Beens" that alcohol robs people of. We often look at the direct damage but never think of all the things that will never come to pass because too much time was spent in the haunted house, somewhere between drunk and sober.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Even a person who has been sober all their life can have the could have been thoughts. It does no good to think of those things, no matter what your circumstances are. Its not reality .
Old 10-23-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Intended to be... I think i need to go through this recovery. When I'm successful with it I'll come out on top and be the person im intended to be.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrixMixer View Post
By the way , I am going to assume that beautiful picture is your Gracie Lou?

She is beautiful, all knowing, and has a beautiful spirit just like Dogone Carl's Wilma Girl. Just love seeing their pictures.

Thanks.
Trix
You would be correct. That is my Gracie Lou Who. At times she has really been my saving Grace. I saved her five years ago and now she saves me
Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like your Gracie Lou! She's awesome!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm yet to be successful in my quest to quit drinking. I had tried numerous times and failed so far. The suffering I'am going through is unbearable at points, I should have remembered it from last time but booze just would let me.

I destroyed what I loved the most, I have changed without myself noticing it. I might not get my old life back before drinking but I will give my everything to make a better one.