Notices

finding alcohol in the house

Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finding alcohol in the house

Hello all,

I had an awesome weekend. Friday pm relaxing and Sat. am working and sushi out Saturday night. My dh and I had a long discussion about schedules, commitments and responsibilities. I am not working full-time right now by choice so I can take care of myself and my sobriety. He, trying to be helpful, kept giving me examples of what I should be doing with my time. I told him that what works for him doesn't work for me. We have this discussion a lot. We both don't have "regular" 9-5 schedules so learning to navigate that free time is somewhat of a challenge. We are the exact opposite when it comes to free time/work time at home. I finally told him that I thought he didn't balance his time either. I think he finally gets it. The management of my time has to be mine because I know what works best for me. It was a great discussion.

So, today, Sunday we went shopping to purchase some new lamps (the old ones were pretty bad, probably due to me knocking them over when drunk) and new curtains. Shopping and looking at stuff we need to replace reminds me of the crap I did to ruin the stuff we have. That's my issue not his.

We also planned on making and eating dinner at the dining room table (a goal for the week for therapist). Well, I went into the bench where we keep tablecloths and extra linens and I found 2 empty bottles. Yuck. Then I set up the new lamps and we bought 2 different color panels for the window and I pulled the others off and behind one of the panels on top of the air conditioner was a big water bottle full of wine. I took it in the kitchen and showed it to my husband. It had a few fruit flies and was probably so awful but I told him I would have drunk that before. Of course I dumped it out. I was sort of disgusted but that's what I did.

It was great to do stuff together. It has been a long time and I didn't even have to "make" myself go.

Just little wins....and I could have very easily focused on negative thoughts and the past which would have ruined the day.

Meetings also helped.

gigi