Notices

So I'm at a baby shower.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I'm at a baby shower.

This isn't your typical baby shower. The girl it's for was one of our "crazier" friends. She's obviously taken a hiatus for her unborn child but she encourages all the things she can't do right now. So booze abounds. It's been hard but I'm glad I won't be hungover tomorrow. Other than that I'm frustrated though.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not being hungover on a Sunday morning is motivation enough katie. Good for you! Dont drink and relax knowing knowing your sobriety is more important than a 3 hour baby shower. Were here for ya.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

That's right up there with my great niece's one year birthday party where everyone got wasted. That was the day before I quit for the last time.

You can make it through this and you'll thank yourself tomorrow for doing it!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! My bf who is usually sober with me (but who doesn't have problems with alcohol, he just likes to support me), is actually drinking tonight cus it's been forever for him. He's not wasted or anything but it still is my first time having to do a social occasion sober without him as my sidekick. Tomorrow is 4 weeks for me and I'm gonna make it there. I'll actually go to sleep soon probably. Thanks guys for the support, it means more than you know.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your welcome katie! And thank you for letting us know whats going on with you. 4 weeks is GREAT!!. You are well on your way to a daily life without drinking. You will look back
on this day and say to yourself, gee I cant believe I gave alcohol a second thought during that baby shower. It will get that easy over time. Be safe tonight young lady!!