Notices

I would like to ask a question ,If i may ?

Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just looked back at your first page of posts. You posted, "drinking gave me anxiety from hell, quitting stopped it". IMO alcoholism is continuing to drink in spite of mountains of evidence that it was causing issues in your life.

I often don't know what is the right thing to say in a situation like this. I have read that 95% of a relapse happens before you pick up a drink. I see subtle shifts in others posts and I hope that if someone noticed a shift in my posts they would point it out to me. None of us can prevent each other from a slip. But I do feel that if we point it out to each other along the way maybe we can help each other.

I feel like this thread is less about the question posed and more about finding chinks in the armor so that someone can justify drinking even though it was obviously causing them distress. Sorry, I know I don't know you apart from your posts, I can only share my experience of what is going on. I have a sense that when you first posted you were relieved to find people like you and now you are looking for all the reasons you are different. I wish you luck in whatever path you take.