Notices

Need to post

Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to post

Hey everyone,

I'm coming up on 8 months in just over 2 weeks, and feel so much better, but...

I still have days, like today, where I have issues. Getting ready for work and feeling like I just can't do it.

Times like this I guess I just try to "fake it til I make it" (always hated that phrase by the way).

I have to remember that I haven't had a drink, And I'm not going to.

One thought that keeps playing in my brain is how did I used to do this every day drinking? I was proud of being able to take care of my business hungover, whatever, now I'm just trying to make it through each day, one at a time.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just felt the need to post this in case others are feeling the same way. We are not alone, and it does beat being hungover all the time.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi SAS and congrats on your 8 months! I identified with being proud of being able to take care of things hungover. It's crazy the things we are "proud" of when we are drinking. I used to have such disdain for people who were lightweights. I could drink anyone under the table, lovely, really something someone in her 40's should be proud of.

One thing that is starting to occur to me is that sobriety isn't a grand gesture. It's a series of small private choices when the rubber hits the road. Good for you for coming here and posting about your struggle today. Getting it out in the open disarms it, demystifies it and makes it less potent. Thank you for sharing, hang in there!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
Hi SAS and congrats on your 8 months! I identified with being proud of being able to take care of things hungover. It's crazy the things we are "proud" of when we are drinking. I used to have such disdain for people who were lightweights. I could drink anyone under the table, lovely, really something someone in her 40's should be proud of.

One thing that is starting to occur to me is that sobriety isn't a grand gesture. It's a series of small private choices when the rubber hits the road. Good for you for coming here and posting about your struggle today. Getting it out in the open disarms it, demystifies it and makes it less potent. Thank you for sharing, hang in there!
^^ Beautiful post. This, for sure.

Thanks for this post SAS. I am also coming up on 8 months in two weeks and get that feeling sometimes too. That's why this place is so valuable, someone is here with common sense and loving support 24/7.

Congrats on your accomplishment and let's see that 8 months together!

Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One thing that helps me when I feel the way you do is to ask myself, "how will I feel tomorrow if I drink?" The answer is always not good. I also hate the saying "fake it till you make it", but if you do it enough you're not faking it anymore, you're just living.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Sanantonio, congratulations on your sobertime. Being sober does not resolve issues, but it gives you the clear head to do it. Keep going. You are on a good path.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I still have days, like today, where I have issues.

me too

and that is just human life.

no-one to talk with about "issues". no issues...good grief! imagine!! how awful. no challenges. no rising to occasions. no "growth". yuck