Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else watch Dr.Phil today? (Fatal DUI Crash Survivor)

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Even if you don't watch the show or don't like it, I think this one is something that everybody should see and show their teenage kids. They do not show any graphic photos or anything (just a photo of the mangled car, something we see almost every day in our local news) but the audio that was captured on the tape is very heartbreaking.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - Death in 6 Seconds: A Night of Drinking, a Lifetime of Regret

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this link or this topic, so mods please feel free to remove if I am not, I completely understand. If I can't post the link you can just go to the dr phil website and find the show there if you are interested in seeing it.

Something about this show stuck out in my mind and finally it occured to me why. This very car accident happened on the exact same night that I stopped drinking. 12/29/2011. How ironic is that? I do not believe in coincedences.

I guess I just wanted to spread some gratitude here and say how glad i am to be alive. I am so very sorry for this girl and her relatives and the victims families and all that, but at the same time I am so happy that God spared me.

I think it is just so unfair how this disease works. Dozens of us have to die so that one of us can stay sober. It certainly isn't balanced at all. I guess we just have to be thankful that we made it and keep tying to carry the message on and save others. Especially young people like this girl.

I also hope that by sharing this show, if there is anybody out there who has been through something like this and has not sought professional help, please please reconsider it. PTSD is nothing to take lightly or joke about.