Notices

I've lost my wife's '' support''

Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did it without rehab ,and never missed a day of work ,Easy no ,possible- yes
Old 10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Weaver...I'm a family member of an A, but read your post and thought I might have a suggestion for additional support.

Does your employer provide an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or Nurseline through your insurance? They are confidential and may be able to provide you with available resources in your area.

From what I've learned of recovery it is often one "right" choice at a time. Sounds like you're on the right path.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
One of the hardest things for me after a drinnking session, when I swore never again, was wanting to somehow be a week or a month into sobriety , I wanted so bad to be transported into the future. it sounds crazy , but knowing that that wasn't possible made my resovle melt away. I just had to 'know' that time takes time , no way to beat it. And the only to build up that time, to show others our actions is to do it. Had to start now and continue. Does that make sense?
Oh my God YES! I want 30 years of sobriety and I want it YESTERDAY. Accepting that time takes time and the only way to get the time is to do the time has been very hard for me. There are no quick fixes to this, and the only way to get those days and weeks and months are to live through them. You exactly hit that nail on the head. Thanks for sharing that.