Notices

5 Months Today & Motivation Returned!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 Months Today & Motivation Returned!!!

YEE-HAW!!! I might really, really, truly, truly have my brain back! Welcome back, Yankee's Brain!!!

It's 5 months today and just a couple of days ago (Sunday night to be exact), I got my energy back. It started with a faint thought, "get off your a** and pack up your summer clothes, you lazy, cookie-eating, football-watching lump." It's the first idea I've had in months that required physical exertion. For 5 months, I felt successful just getting out of bed, showering and eating solid food.

The biggest help for me is to shut off the computer and get moving. I am doing something, anything to avoid sitting at the computer (alright, I am sitting at the computer right now, but I will be logging off shortly, I swear). I am doing stuff I hate. I hate ironing, but I ironed all of my interview clothes last night. I have several interviews this week and I can now form complete thoughts, so my confidence has shot way up.

Judging by how long it has taken me to feel human again, I really did a number on myself from that final binge. In the past, I would be okay in about a week or two. I will never put myself and my body through that hell again.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats!

It amazes me when I find pieces of myself laying around like a discarded trinket. They have been in the back of a junk drawer or sitting on the back of a shelf covered in dust. When I find them I am like "Oh, there that is, I wondered what happened to that." I also find new stuff I never new I had. It is like a mini-garage sale in my own head.