Notices

Calling all binge drinkers!

Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Calling all binge drinkers!

I have been a binge drinker for many, many years and when I binge....I BINGE. I won't bother you with crazy stories that acompany my binges because frankly if I am talking to the right crowd you already have your own monolog to fill in the gaps. But one thing I have recently realized is that my binge drinking was mainly due to a lack of opportunity. I was married and it wasn't worth the headache to show up drunk all the time so I abstained, or drank just enough to get by without getting caught. But when I decided to show up drunk...I showed up DRUNK...if I showed up at all. I was never a mean drunk, just a drunk. After my divorce I no longer had a limiting factor and my binge drinking just became drinking. For those of you that quite as binge drinkers...more power to you but the reality is eventually you just end up as drinkers If you keep drinking. I would love to say my divorce caused me to go full force but I don't think so. You could also say my drinking caused my divorce....well it wouldn't take johnnie Cochran to win that arguement. Bottom line for me it is a cyclical series of events and like a toilet it all flows down the drain. I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you looking to quit Bender?

D
Old 10-01-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Been there, done that

And it just got worse. Any addiction will start small and enlarge, unless you leave it.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i dont completely get your post, do you really want to stop drinking? if you do,, here is a great place to start
Old 10-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was a binge drinker ,except mine lasted a week ,or more .

A friend said I would eventually stop doing that ,he was right .
Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I have been a binge drinker for many, many years and when I binge....I BINGE. I won't bother you with crazy stories that acompany my binges because frankly if I am talking to the right crowd you already have your own monolog to fill in the gaps. But one thing I have recently realized is that my binge drinking was mainly due to a lack of opportunity. I was married and it wasn't worth the headache to show up drunk all the time so I abstained, or drank just enough to get by without getting caught. But when I decided to show up drunk...I showed up DRUNK...if I showed up at all. I was never a mean drunk, just a drunk. After my divorce I no longer had a limiting factor and my binge drinking just became drinking. For those of you that quite as binge drinkers...more power to you but the reality is eventually you just end up as drinkers If you keep drinking. I would love to say my divorce caused me to go full force but I don't think so. You could also say my drinking caused my divorce....well it wouldn't take johnnie Cochran to win that arguement. Bottom line for me it is a cyclical series of events and like a toilet it all flows down the drain. I'll leave it at that.
They're are two main types of binge drinking. I would do both. If I were still drinking, I'd be doing both. It's a VERY depressing way to live. It's dark, lonely, you get so psychically ill, paraniod, hallucinate, virtually no one can be around you, everything smells like STRONG alcohol, broken glass bottles all over, everything feels ugly empty and cold, when you sleep all you have is nightmares, you stare in the mirror and don't see yourself you see death, and you feel the presence of a demon in the same room as you drink in. Those days scared the crap out of every one around me. I didn't think I was going to make those days of hard binging. And the things I explained are nothing..as you know, compared to how bad it really gets. Luckily, there are answers and solutions to stopping that kind of madness.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post, MrGhost.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I kind of agree with you ......binge drinking is different than steady drinking. Like the guy that binges on weekends and drinks 10-25 drinks over he course of 2 days and than abstains for 5 days is different than they guy who drinks 3-4 drinks 7 nights a week consistently night in and night out.

But I also agree that binge drinking seems to "morph" into consistent drinking over time....not sure why, but I have noticed it happen to me before. Not sure if it goes the other direction.

In many ways I think binge drinking is worse (of two evils) in that it is such a traumatic sudden assault on the body and brain........of course one persons binge is another persons "normal evening". So I guess its all relative.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

10-25 drinks in a course of two days....lol try 60
Old 10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Okay...60....aye carumba....but that's what I mean when i say one mans binge is another mans normal. The point is...what starts as bingeing....morphs into "no big deal."