Notices

Please pray for us

Old 09-20-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please pray for us

Please pray for my uncle tonight.

We knew he was very sick, but the doctors have told us there is nothing more they can do, and he has taken a turn for the worst. They started the morphine today. He is dying from kidney cancer.

I don't know how this happened. Out of all my family, I would have said that he would live the longest. He was very active, loved golf and football, didn't smoke, rarely drank. We are trying to get a flight to London tomorrow.

I went to see my addiction counsellor this afternoon, to get some antebuse for the trip. (I know it is going to be extremely difficult.) When I pulled up at the office, the flashing blue lights were the first thing I saw. I assumed it was an ambulance. It was actually a fire truck.

The secretary came over to me and she was crying. She said the fire was started in the middle of the night. The neighbours raised the alarm at 4am. It was still smouldering when I arrived. She said the inside is completely gutted, everything is destroyed. Her files and computer...everything. I cried as well because only three walls are left. I don't know what kind of ******* scumbags would do a thing like that. The staff there are very good, kind people who put themselves out to help others...

In spite of everything, my uncle was not a bad guy, and I am very upset to see him go this way. All of you, please look after yourselves, and remember that life is so short...

Love and hugs,
Tetra x
Old 09-20-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tetra - Hugs and prayers for you, your uncle and all who love him, and the staff at your counselor's office.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers for you, your uncle and family. Try to stay strong. As for the fire, well there are some real scumbags about.

Take care.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post

please look after yourselves, and remember that life is so short...

Love and hugs,
Tetra x
thank you
prayers sent out for you and your uncle
from
Mountainman
Old 09-20-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Prayers going up for you & your family to be comforted.

The fire was terrible too - at least no one was hurt, but that was a despicable thing to do.

I'm glad you wanted to post about your feelings here - we all care Tetra. Better days are coming.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers your way