Notices

Hi again!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi again!

I was actively on this board last year, but only made it 3 weeks. Guess I just wasn't really ready to be sober. Today I am asking myself it it really is Day 2 - or if I will give in and have a drink this evening?

Last time I believe I failed because I tried to quit smoking and drinking at the same time. I also had a scare with a chronic case of laryngitis for 6 months, and finally decided to get it scoped. So once my results came back 'clean', vocal cord polyps only - I decided it was okay to drink/smoke again. Stupid me!!!

Anyways, I am leaving work for a little retail therapy and hoping to enjoy the evening without a drink!! Give me strength. I will check in tomorrow morning
Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Two things finally helped me stay sober. #1 was to be honest with myself about my drinking and #2 wanting to get sober for myself. It was/is work but it's so good being comfortable in my own skin. BE WELL
Old 09-19-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How are you doing today?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I stopped drinking and smoking at the same time too. Lasted 3+ months on both... started smoking again yesterday. It's probably b/c I stopped Chantix, and because I felt the need to do SOMETHING to calm me down.

It was drinking or smoking. I chose smoking. I can quit that again. I can NOT drink again though.