Notices

Crazy but I think I need a relapse...

Old 09-30-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doniker View Post
Today I am 64 days sober after 25 years of daily drinking. People ask me if I will ever drink again; lately I have been saying I want to stay sober at least 1 year and then maybe I would have 1 drink at like a special occasion - if I feel I am in a good place mentally.

Never know what will happen. One day at a time.
This is what I did. I told other people and myself I don't know if I will always stay away during my sobriety. The problem with this is most will pick right up where they left off like a pro pounding alcohol and getting their rocks off with one gateway drink.

If I every quit for 1 month I'm quitting forever. There ain't nothing back here of use. I got wasted friday and sat and all I have is a trail of destruction just like was the case 10 years ago.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
This is what I did. I told other people and myself I don't know if I will always stay away during my sobriety. The problem with this is most will pick right up where they left off like a pro pounding alcohol and getting their rocks off with one gateway drink. If I every quit for 1 month I'm quitting forever. There ain't nothing back here of use. I got wasted friday and sat and all I have is a trail of destruction just like was the case 10 years ago.
Same feeling here. In the back of my mind I knew I was going to have a drink at some point. Was sober for 12 days until I decided it was a good idea to have a couple drinks watching the game yesterday. Test the waters so to speak. I couldn't get the craving out of my head. I had to have it. Now today of course I regret it. Don't even know how much vodka I drank after those first two. This morning I poured the rest of the bottle down the sink. Back to sobriety. Back to square one. Try it again. Day by day.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
Same feeling here. In the back of my mind I knew I was going to have a drink at some point. Was sober for 12 days until I decided it was a good idea to have a couple drinks watching the game yesterday. Test the waters so to speak. I couldn't get the craving out of my head. I had to have it. Now today of course I regret it. Don't even know how much vodka I drank after those first two. This morning I poured the rest of the bottle down the sink. Back to sobriety. Back to square one. Try it again. Day by day.
The sooner I except that I'm sober to death the faster I can get on with my life and do something constructive. I hear you. I'll be the fool each time I drink and this is written in my forehead now. Here this: The first time I got drunk after my 2 year sober run was with a 5th. I woke up face down in a small amount of puke. That was the first time too. So you see no matter how long u stay away from it you will pick right back up where you left off.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I binged on a bottle and a half of wine a week after deciding to stop drinking for at least 30 days (after becoming dependent on 2-3 glasses of wine a night for months and drinking at least a little most days for 3 years). In a way it was a blessing in disguise because it really made me stop and think and be even more "sure" I wanted to continue with not drinking.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well like I said I am 64 days sober and have absolutely no desire to drink. I was out at a bar Saturday night and watched everyone drinking and it didn't bother me.
I like the way I feel and I hope it sticks.

I would have to be in a very positive state of mind in order to take a drink someday. I never want to use liquor to self medicate like I did for too many years.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susan2984 View Post
I binged on a bottle and a half of wine a week after deciding to stop drinking for at least 30 days (after becoming dependent on 2-3 glasses of wine a night for months and drinking at least a little most days for 3 years). In a way it was a blessing in disguise because it really made me stop and think and be even more "sure" I wanted to continue with not drinking.
Before you posted this I was already thinking the same thing. I needed to drink yesterday to reinforce my commitment to sobriety. A blessing in disguise.