Notices

Horrible dream last night

Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Horrible dream last night

Just when I thought I was done with these I had a drinking dream last night for the first time in a month. I was hanging out with friends in a store, for no reason grabbed a 350 ml bottle of vodka and slammed it. After this I was all giddy telling my friends yay lets go to the bar! I HATE these dreams makes me so worried that a relapse is coming. When do they stop?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Phase, I had the drinking dreams too. I don't think they are signs of relapse but rather reminders that you don't want to live that way. Eventually they go away. With sobriety.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right I should try to be more optimistic and see then as reminders. The scary thing is I would never slam a whole bottle like that in my drinking days. I was a drink beers all day guy maybe one or two shots. Makes me realize if I return things will be even worse
Old 09-13-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had drinking dreams as well. Had them quite often early in my recovery. Waking up and thinking I threw away my sobriety. Terrible feeling. I will say they do go away. I was having them so often, I thought it was never going to stop, but again they do get less and less. At this point 2.5 years of sobriety, I can't think the last time I had one.

Good luck and stay strong!!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I still have crazy dreams , - sober .

Had one last night my wife got a tattoo , never made out what it said .
But it was in an interesting spot
Old 09-13-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I "quit" my eating disorder three or four years ago and would have dreams that I'd binged, etc and wake up in a panic. The realization that it wasn't real was relief but...still, my anxiety was through the roof. They stopped after a few months. I became sober two months ago and have the drinking dreams too. Hoping they will subside. But at the end of the day, I just keep telling myself, it was just a dream, take a deep breath (or 20 haha) and get on with it.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I still have drinking dreams after a year, but they are decreasing in frequency. I don't think at all that they mean relapse is coming. It's just your brain working stuff out. I see it like, "so you're not going to give me what I want (alcohol); FINE, I'll dream about it then!"