Notices

Coruage with a Capital "C"

Old 09-11-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coruage with a Capital "C"

My freedom comes from doing the things that don’t come natural, particularly early in my recovery. When I really become honest with myself, it’s humbling. I realize how much I don’t know, how little I am and how much I am filled with fear. To say; I am an alcoholic and that I am willing to be open; willing and honest to myself to another human takes Courage with a capital “C”. To give up my plans for God’s plans requires trust, faith and you got it…Courage. What does giving up your will for God’s will look like in your life?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Ambition with a capital "A"

Quitting drinking is something I did once and for all. There are many things in my life which I have done half-way, but this can not be one of them. It's not "All or nothing," it's just "All."
Old 09-11-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

The Big Book... "that's excatly what this book is about" to put you in touch with a Power greater than yourself that will solve all your problems. So I guess my answer is that a whole book was written about this and by following those suggestions you will get the answer to your question.

At the start I had no idea, no feeling about a higher power. I started with a prayer. Later I heard a saying which has proved quite useful:

"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"
Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree. It does take a lot of courage to face our fears and there a hundred forms of fear. There are many times I had problems expressing what I was feeling and many of them boiled down to fear.

Originally Posted by rowd44 View Post
What does giving up your will for God’s will look like in your life?
For me it is serenity. That feeling of calm and peace. I am no longer trying to run the show.