Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What's your tolerance level of being around drinkers?

Notices

What's your tolerance level of being around drinkers?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm not the slightest affected by people having a drink in my midst. But being around drunks when I am on the wagon is almost completely intolerable, regardless of how much sober time I have leading up to the event. I don't get into those situations often and when I do I try to be tolerant, keeping in mind that plenty of people had to endure the same crap from me in the past. Even still the loud, obnoxious, misdirected emotions and repeating statements grind away my patience fast and my car keys start calling my name. Last winter I drove 3.5 hours up North to a friends cabin to hunt. When I arrived everyone was already pretty toasted... I drove the 3.5 hours back home that evening. Clearly, deer hunting was not the primary activity they had in mind.

Last edited by GregMan; 09-11-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: left out a sentence
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Doesn't bother me at all. I just don't hang around drunk people that much, I've got better things to do with my time.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Not really bothered, but dont have the time to sit in a bar breathing second hand smoke talking to drunk people. Seems utterly pointless.