Notices

Hot for Teacher

Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't sweat the past -

I never graduated high school ,took the GED in 2-1/2 hours , ready to take the first 2 exams for my new job .

I will be life ,health and securities lisc. by November .

DONT GIVE UP ,DONT FORGET THE PAST ,DONT RE-LIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leongecko View Post
Someone else's success is not your failure my friend.
......Damn right! Well said. I had the same thoughts when I got sober and went back to college. All my friends were graduating or had already and were starting families. Pissed me off that I was just starting and had a hell of a ways to go. I set a goal for myself to be done with school at 30 and I did and haven't looked back. You can't change the past but you certainly can change the future.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself"
Desiderata

"Don't compare your insides to someone else's outsides. You will always come short. The only valid comparison is yourself to yourself over time"
Pocket Sponsor: Day 15 11:00PM

Translation:
Yesterday you were drunk, today you are sober
Yesterday you had no direction, today you are building a future.
Today you have a choice.
By turning yourself around you may achieve more than those that have amassed fortunes, built reputations, gained fame and adoration or conquered nations or mountains. Why? Because you have conquered yourself and proven to yourself that you can. I would trade everything to stay sober, because if I drink again I'd lose it all anyway. Its what you think of yourself that matters, not what anyone else does. Love yourself unconditionally and be happy for the Professor and her happiness.
Read the book of Job. Story about a bloke who had it all, lost it all and then got it all back. Hit rock bottom and cursed the day he was born but stuck to his guns.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dear Star, you are attending college. I'm impressed.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Star I can relate to you a lot, in that I just graduated college this last June at 28 years old. I'll tell you what, once you walk down the isle to receive your diploma, everything you are worrying about right now won't matter. Continue to work towards your future and never look back!!

Also nail down some solid internships!!! Good luck man