# 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Excellent PAWs website

For your toolbox

http://www.postacutewithdrawal.org/t...and-addiction/

Be well.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much AO......that was hugely useful for me. I am having a huge struggle with motivation....it is my biggest issue and has been for the last 3 weeks. I have 2 chronic pain conditions, fibromyalgia and lupus and am on a few meds (non-addictive, non-controlled) and I am just blah. I posted about this earlier.

I did not know motivation was linked to dopamine and hence, PAWS. That is such an important piece of info. I met with a doctor yesterday because I am so frustrated about it. I am not having really any cravings, but I am beyond frustrated with my lack of motivation. The doctor mentioned something yesterday about needing to get my dopamine levels up...but she didn't link it to motivation or PAWS.

At least understanding this helps me know that my body is still adjusting. I am finally not hungover so I could not understand why I am having such a tough time getting my rear in gear. Thank you friend!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hiya Jaynie !

I hear you buddy. I'm struggling so hard with all of the PAW symptoms. I realize now that it is because of these symptoms that I relapse every GD time.

We gotta get through these rough days. We just have to. Because I'm living proof of the kindling effect.