Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Please Help If You Can... Nobody Is In The Chat Room

Notices

Please Help If You Can... Nobody Is In The Chat Room

Old 09-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

there''s a link of the top left hand side of your inbox - empty folder....there's one for your sent folder too.

you can save selected PMs as text to your PC before you delete them if you wish by ticking the ones you want - the command box for saving them is in the lower right of the screen

D
Old 09-06-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
there''s a link of the top left hand side of your inbox - empty folder....there's one for your sent folder too.

you can save selected PMs as text to your PC before you delete them if you wish by ticking the ones you want - the command box for saving them is in the lower right of the screen

D
Thank you.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We care. Don't give up.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
MTD

Sister in alcoholism here. Get some help!! Wish I could say something more. I can say you are not ALONE!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning sobergirl
(Sat morning in Australia)

Thinking of you, and hoping that today is a better day for you....or was a better day!
Just know that you are not alone tonight...we are here, and we care about you.

Love V xx
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I keep deleting messages in my inbox but it doesn't seem to work.

I dunno.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I keep trying but I haven't eaten almost any food in days
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobergirl77 View Post
I keep deleting messages in my inbox but it doesn't seem to work.

I dunno.
Are you deleting the ones in the sent folder too?

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good morning sobergirl
(Sat morning in Australia)

Thinking of you, and hoping that today is a better day for you....or was a better day!
Just know that you are not alone tonight...we are here, and we care about you.

Love V xx
Thanks.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ok lovely sobergirl,

Go to your private messages.
Go to in box.
At the top on the right, where it says messages, select that box.
You will then see that all of your messages are highlighted.
Then scroll down to the very bottom of all of your messages.
There is a drop down box.
If you open it, delete is one of the choices.
Select this.
Then just one final check in the box next to it, and they will all be gone.

I'm sure Dee has a much simpler way, but hopefully this helps.

Love V xx
Old 09-06-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I will never have the sobriety that the 'nice' half of me craves. The other half always wins, and sadly it always will. It's better that I make the best of my life now.

I used to think like this too. That was nearly four sober years ago. It IS possible. How badly do you want it??

Old 09-08-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

What does it mean if you have not eaten food in days but can only drink alcohol? That is my issue. I cannot eat. Somebody called emergency services on me yesterday morning, but they didn't give a damn because I am not underweight. And I guess not drunk enough. They didn't take me in, police and all.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

sobergirl, please try to eat. Try something that is easy to digest, some bread perhaps.
It can be very hard to think without food on board.

Love V xx
Old 09-08-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Your body will use alcohol as the primary source of fuel, always, since it doesn't need to be digested and goes straight into your blood stream, causing everything else to sit on the sidelines. After a while, your body will adapt to this and food doesn't seem necessary anymore, causing you to lack a true hunger for food. You will crave more alcohol instead of real food because of this, as it's what your body is accustomed to. Once you stop drinking, your appetite will come back. It may take some time to adjust, but the important thing is to stop drinking and let yourself heal.
Alcoholics are most often malnourished due to this reason. Even if you appear to be a normal weight, you could still be deficient in vitamins and nutrients since alcohol has no nutritional value.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sober girl, dear friend. I eat a lot of jello. It's good and it stays down. Bananas are good. I eat popcorn everyday. Fruit, ice cream are good. I eat whatever I want right now. I don't care if a root beer float is not dinner food, it is for me. Love and prayers to you.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really worried about you SG. I see a lot of an old friend of mine in you.

I didn't eat for days either - too full of booze....it's not good and you may end up malnourished, with gastric problems...or worse.

D
Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really worried about you SG. I see a lot of an old friend of mine in you.

I didn't eat for days either - too full of booze....it's not good and you may end up malnourished, with gastric problems...or worse.

D
I already have gastric problems.

I did manage to eat something yesterday and get some V8 juice in me (for electrolytes). EMT called on me again last night. They didn't take me in.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi sobergirl! I'm Kristy, I used to drink absurd amounts of hard liquor too. It is so very hard on you!!

I think you need to be in a loving environment with people who will take care of you while you detox and then go to a rehab facility. I know you've said you can't afford rehab, I'm wondering if you've looked into any help the state might give you? I want so badly to help you. I think you're a good person, you're just very sick right now--don't be so hard on yourself.

Maybe it is best that your family knows, alcoholism thrives on secrets. I know you don't want to burden them, but maybe asking for help from your family would be a good idea. You getting help and getting healthy is most important right now. I'm sure once you are doing better, you can help them when they need it most, as they have helped you.

I hope you're doing okay. I'm confused though, why does EMT keep getting called on you?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KristyCat View Post
Hi sobergirl! I'm Kristy, I used to drink absurd amounts of hard liquor too. It is so very hard on you!!

I think you need to be in a loving environment with people who will take care of you while you detox and then go to a rehab facility. I know you've said you can't afford rehab, I'm wondering if you've looked into any help the state might give you? I want so badly to help you. I think you're a good person, you're just very sick right now--don't be so hard on yourself.

Maybe it is best that your family knows, alcoholism thrives on secrets. I know you don't want to burden them, but maybe asking for help from your family would be a good idea. You getting help and getting healthy is most important right now. I'm sure once you are doing better, you can help them when they need it most, as they have helped you.

I hope you're doing okay. I'm confused though, why does EMT keep getting called on you?
Because friends and family thought I was killing myself or dying or both.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sober 9 days now, just got out of the hospital yesterday. I am going to look into some sort of 30 day program as soon as I have everything squared away at home (my rent paid up for two months, etc). It is especially hard because I'm self-employed and my clients rely on me to work. People say my sobriety is most important, and it is of course, but if I become homeless and jobless that won't help me much either.

I am planning to attend an AA meeting across the street from where I live tonight though, even if I don't agree with some of what they say, I'm still going to go, because I'd like to stay sober another day.

My sobriety date is Sept 11th, 2013.

I won't get into the full horror story that happened, but basically on Tues, Sept 10th of last week I called 911 on myself and ended up in the hospital, where they kept me for 8 days. Got out yesterday.

I talked to another alcoholic today, doing OK for now.

Not much else to say! I thank everyone on here for putting up with me and my posts when I was drunk. I lost every single friend [in real life] in the past month. Now I have my 2 sisters and some internet friends. It's really OK though, it just leaves room for me to move forward and find some new friends.

Life goes on!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to hear from you SG - congrats on 9 days

D