Notices

Eye infection during detox

Old 09-02-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eye infection during detox

I'm not sure I can call it an infection but there was pussie stuff coming out of my eyes. It's happened to me years ago but this time it's worse. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Are they red and itchy? Do you wake up with your eyes sticking together and it's crusted? You might have pink eye, you should try to see a doctor to get some eye drops for them.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

pink eye...I'll Google it! Thanks so much!!!
Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
Are they red and itchy? Do you wake up with your eyes sticking together and it's crusted? You might have pink eye, you should try to see a doctor to get some eye drops for them.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

You're welcome, but do go see a doctor as if it is bacterial you will need a prescription. You don't want to screw around with your eyes.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have no insurance.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I found this natural remedy and I think I may try that. I have raw goat milk in my fridge. ...What you need to remedy pinkeye is a probiotic laden, non-acidic liquid. For babies and children, the most effective liquid that fits this description is human breastmilk. If the Mom in your household happens to be breastfeeding, a drop or two of breastmilk expressed into a cup and then applied with a clean eyedropper to the infected eye will rapidly and magically eliminate the infection.

Reapplication may be necessary every hour for a few hours, but in most every case, the infection will be gone well before you could have even gotten an appointment to see the doctor. This remedy works well for newborn babies also, so no need for the eyedrops that are used immediately after birth if you plan to breastfeed.

If there is no one breastfeeding in your home, the next best thing would be a few drops of raw cow or goat milk applied to each eye. I recommend treating both eyes even if only one is showing signs of infection, by the way. Pinkeye is so contagious, that treating only the infected eye will usually result in having to treat the other eye within a short time anyway, so might as well do both from the beginning.

Raw cow or goat milk is loaded with immunity boosting probiotics, just like human breastmilk. These beneficial bacteria work immediately on contact to crowd out and eliminate the pathogens at the source of the infection. Reapplication every hour or so should eliminate the infection quickly, perhaps not quite as fast as breastmilk, but still faster by a long shot than getting to the doctor and filling a prescription.

If you do not have access to raw milk in your community for whatever reason, the clear, liquid part of yogurt or kefir (whey) can also be used as a fast home remedy. Yogurt and kefir are cultured with beneficial bacterial strains and carefully dropping a few drops of this liquid whey into the eyes will produce the same “crowding out” effect of the pathogens. Powdered whey mixed with water does NOT work as there are no live probiotics in such a heavily processed and denatured food. Pasteurized milk also does not work for the same reason.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno - eyes are pretty darn important Matilda. I'd want a professional diagnosis myself, not just Google.

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
best wishes
D
Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Dee. I found one but they are closed for labor day.
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I dunno - eyes are pretty darn important Matilda. I'd want a professional diagnosis myself, not just Google.

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
2-1-1 Call Center Search

best wishes
D