Notices

Things were easy....

Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
On my path.

Things were easy....

Alcohol is my drug of choice. I drank mostly to fall asleep and check out. Life is pretty tough (handicapped son and alcoholic husband). Not drinking was tough at the beginning but became easier, I haven't had a drink for years. Lately I have been wanting a drink. Just a beer at sunset, a gin and tonic because it is hot, etc. These are traditions in my family. Nobody else has a problem with them and I haven't been feeling like I am missing anything while others toast until recently. Thank you for being here when I am needing you.

S.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate completely!! Made buffalo wings Saturday to watch college football with the family, why not have a beer?!?!

I won't. It would never be one, never be 2 or 3 or 4, for that matter!! It's my disease trying to trick me ..cunning...baffling...powerful. It's not worth it. I don't want to be sick and hungover. I don't want to wake up bewildered and regretful.

When I have those thoughts I just think "maybe tomorrow, not today." One day at a time.

You are awesome!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again 55438

I believe that once we cross the line into alcoholism, the net result will always be the same if we drink again.

Have you looked at some of your old posts to remind you of what you left behind when you got yourself into recovery?

D
Old 09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On my path.

Thank you for your kind and gentle reminders to look back at where I was and remember the struggles. I guess I had forgotten that not all of my experiences with drinking were negative, but that doesn't mean that drinking now is a good idea.

S.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
oak

I can relate to forgetting how bad it was. I try to remind myself how much easier it is to stay sober than to get sober.

Good luck!