Notices

Feeling blue

Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling blue

I am feeling very out of sorts this morning. I didn't get a job I applied for...I got the rejection e-mail this morning ("we will keep your CV on file, blah blah blah").

Today I also got a message from an ex of mine. I hadn't heard from him in at least two years. He had set up a new Facebook account and wanted my number "to say I am sorry if i caused u any pain I m really sorry hows blossom? if you could give me ur mobile number i want to talk to u...I want to talk to u Tetra, I m sorry I hurt u and I want to apologise"...

This has dragged up bad memories for me, and I would prefer to leave the past where it is. Yeah, he was an ******* to me, but I was no angel back then either. I suppose I was curious as to why he would contact me after all this time.

Today is the first time in a good while that I have been thinking that I would love a glass of wine, but I am having a cup of tea instead, and hanging out here.

So what do you all do when you are "feeling blue"? Any tips?

Thank you all x
Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First sending cyber hugs your way.
When I'm feeling blue I put on some tunes really loud (yes my neighbours sometimes tire of me) allow the base to go through my body and I dance, always makes me smile. (my kids think I'm nuts lol) Anything to make me laugh or smile, get on you tube look up favorite comedians. Go for a walk.
I just got rejected via email too....sorry. I hate those (insert name here) blah blah emails...they suck, but on the brighter side they don't really understand how unlucky they are for passing up the chance of working with you..Their loss...at least that's what I tell myself anyway.... Keep boiling the kettle and stay strong
Old 09-05-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I feel blue, and i often do, I reach out for help and pick up the phone or go to a meeting. I need help to live everyday. I need help to get through every day. The quicker you realize that, the better sobriety will feel. I am sorry for all of your troubles.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do something to tire my body- workout, polish the cabinets, etc...I also call another alcoholic or addict and talk.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I turn inward when I feel blue. I meditate. Then I get off my a$$ and go for a run.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Something along the lines of what Ru said. I turn inward, pout a little (or a crying fit), then journal or meditate, or both, then try to get physically active. Posting here always helps.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Taking a long walk seems to work best for me. But we are all different. However, a long brisk walk with my earbuds and music clears out the cobwebs and any angst I feel about any particular issue. Afterwards, I'm always in a much better mood, and I find I can address the issue with rational thinking instead of emotional thinking. The former being the better approach, IMO.