Labor Day Weekend Pact! Who's in?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Definitely IN !!!!
Thanks for the thread ,encouragement, accountability
Old 08-30-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What's everyone's plan for tonight?

I will be doing work in the evening and going to bed. I am so tired and need sleep. I'm on Day 4 and I think I am having some mild withdrawal symptoms.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
What's everyone's plan for tonight?.
My plan is go to work come home play with my puppy go to bed get up at 5 take puppy for walk and work 17 hours. Yayyy me!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am going to work on a scratching post im making for a friend. then maybe attend the meeting in the chat room, depending on time. One thing I can definitely say is that i WON'T be drinking anything but soda and water. Trying to finish day 5 strong!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Count me in!!! Day 7 today.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm definitely in. I'm almost a week sober!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

To Love38,

I feel your pain!! I was a Substitute (sober at the time) and at the end of the day I was at Taco Bell buying the place out. Having had some time in Recovery, it was the choice of the day. I gained a lot of weight and finally quit teaching. Anyhow, good luck to you and I find this site so great, hope to 'see/hear' from you during the Holiday. P.S. I now swim as often as I can and after 1 hour of a combo of dogpaddling, yakking with other ladies, and some swim strokes, I find I'm too tired to get in any trouble with my prior addictions. P.S. After school and Taco Bell I went to Tutor at the Sylvan Learning for 3 or 4 hours. Nothing like punishing myself and/or trying to be 'normal', ha!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dinner
Do a couple of little tasks around the house
Chat meeting at 9 eastern
Post a little here
Read
Bed

Boring but absolutely fine.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm going to the YMCA after work and hit the gym then rent a movie! Back on day 2 :-)
Old 08-30-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ipanema:

I'm drooling at the thought of Taco Bell. I won't "allow" myself 50 ft within of one or Wendy's....another area of self-control issues lol

As for plans, I'm going to hang with my doggies, take a HOT bath, and relax tonight. The rest of the weekend...I already have a masters in education and am contemplating more education in my other passion, psychology. So I'll be doing some research on programs, doing some work on the book I'm writing (which has been at a stand still for way too long as I refused to allow myself to write wasted, didn't want to taint my work), do a ton of planning and prep for next week , and just relish having a clear mind.

Look forward to "spending" the weekend with you all!!!! Thank you for being here!

Love and strength to you all!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Renarde;4151166]What's everyone's plan for tonight?
[/QUOTE

After eating at a shelter, it's off to a camp under a highway overpass since it is going to rain. Then it's just lay there, think about things and watch the freight trains go by until i doze off.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm in too. Gonna try to catch up one some chores around the house and do lots of cooking. Maybe some movies. I'm going to take it easy and allow myself some indulgences OTHER THAN drinking. We can do this!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm in!!! Day ten here. Got a couple invites from friends to parties on Sunday, but I turned them both down. Just feeling too new at this stuff. Tomorrow I am going to a farmer's market with my family and out to lunch. Nice, sober stuff. Need to just stay close to home.

Got a couple recipes for some mocktails I'm dying to try. Tried one tonight that was fabulous. Made a simple syrup with raspberries, honey, and lemon juice, and mixed a couple tablespoons with a diet ginger beer and lots of ice. It was delicious
Old 08-31-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! It's almost 9am here and I'm up, having some coffee. I think we are going fishing today. Whether alcohol is involved I'm not sure, but most likely. My plan is to keep my tablet charged so that I can get on SR if I start to feel aggravated. Pretty sure we're fishing for bluegill which means you just sit there....and sit there...and sit there some more while waiting for the fish to bite.

It's been almost two weeks sober for me now. I'm waking up earlier and feeling better for the most part. Yesterday I had a pretty low day but I decided to go to bed early so I could start fresh today. I had a dream last night that I went to a party where there was a lot of alcohol. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a silver bracelet that had the word "sobriety" on it. I put it on and wasn't afraid that anyone saw it and just sat there amongst everyone. Obviously, I'm even thinking about staying sober in my sleep. I'm determined not to fall back into mess again.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Early Sobriety

Hi Blackout Girl:

Sending you a wish for a happy and sober Labor Day. You are doing more exciting things than I am, ha! But, being close to 70 I don't need much to have a good day. I am lucky to still have my own place of serenity and peace.

Sounds like you are around a lot of alcohol. I found that so hard since I was only one in my group of family and friends that was sober. I think some could benefit from getting sober, but, always focused on my own efforts at Sobriety, with the help of the meetings and my HP. The meetings gave me the opportunity to connect and listen to what others said.

We are lucky that we have the technology today to go to websites such as AA.org where we can hook up with meetings just about anywhere. Maybe with your tablet you will have the opportunity to 'attend' a meeting online or 'just check in for a bit' to bring the focus back to our disease and the solution. I found waiting for fish to be boring and brought my crochet with me. You are lucky to have that tablet. Maybe you will enjoy a great fish dinner!!! Having a Sponsor is always great support in case you have some rough patches. I hope you have found that you want what somehow has in meetings as far as sobriety goes.

Have a wonderful day and would love to hear how the celebration goes for you. Best in Sobriety, Ipanema
Old 08-31-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Sipping some coffee and getting ready to dive into some work. Hope you all have a great sober Saturday!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Blackout girl, what an amazing dream. Maybe you really do need to get a silver bracelet like that for yourself. Even if you don't engrave it you'll know what it means.

As for me, I am on day 5 and feel the best I have in months. I had a few sticky moments last night but did just fine. Today is going to go well too.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hello all. Just checking in. Slept in for the first time since sober today. Felt pretty good. Still working on scratching post and digging up 2 gardenia bushes. Taking a break. Went to store walked right past alcohol and reached for a Gatorade. What a treat and a victory over the antics of last weekend. Day 6 for me and feeling good on the journey. One day at a time. So inspired by blkoutgrl's story. Love the encouragement and ability to fight this demon together.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Cool

Originally Posted by trent333 View Post
I'm a little longer but still feel very new so I think I fit here. I'm in! Ill make her through!
+1

in
Old 08-31-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey folks. So far so good. Just started day 5 and slept for like 7 hours last night, finally. Today, going to do a few things around the house, help my wife, keep working on all the things I'd been letting go. Fun time will probably consist of playing with my dog and watching a couple of TV shows on the DVR. Everyone have a great day!