Notices

Scared to go to work today...

Old 08-31-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What ever is meant to be will be. Now work on today and screw worrying about something you cannot control. If you do this it won't matter what goes on Tuesday. So take care each and every day. No more pain I say.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If they were gonna call you out it would have happened by now. You can usually get a pass once as they may give you the benefit of the doubt but twice may be the straw that broke the camels back.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Matt M

You can function in work when you have alcohol in you, but only for a certain time. There comes a time when it falls apart.
I've had a similar situation.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ya think no one knows ,but everyone already does .

They don't fire you ,because they don't want want to .

Been there .
Old 09-01-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm self-employed, which made it a lot easier to drink, but I remember the paranoia when I had to go anywhere. I was always worrying about the way I talked, walked, having alcohol on my breath, being shaky or anxious. I don't think I realized until I got sober how exhausting it was just trying to act normal.

Things really do get better in sobriety. Take it a day at a time and good luck with the job.....
Old 09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I lost my job due to the fact I was bing drinking. He had no idea I was doing it until I called in sick to go to a detox center. He fired me for it. People are telling me I can sue him for it. I don't want to but should I?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like someone else said WR I'd probably focus on the present for now and staying sober...you can always look into lawsuits later?

D
Old 09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks...starting to think about it now that it's Monday and I will go back tomorrow. Trying not to panic. I know they can't fire me, they would have to have proof and without a positive breathalyzer, they wouldn't have it.

Not drinking now, but just want to get through tomorrow.

Everyone is right though...this isn't a good way to live, always regretting and fearful for tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
p***enger

I drank at work all the time. I have a job where it would be very hard to fire me, and I'm unsupervised most of the time -- I could have gotten away with it longer than I did. People knew, but no one tried to stop me. So why did I quit? Because it was destroying me morally, mentally, and physically.

If you're drinking destructively (like in a way that worries you and jeopardizes your work), and you don't take steps to change your behavior, it will get worse. Of that I'm sure.

Please stick around and think about your best next steps.