Notices

hard to change old habits

Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hard to change old habits

I am a worrier by nature and I get stressed easily and want to shirk my responsibilities and just give up sometimes on the job because is real hard sometimes but I don't because I cant and my sobriety means the world to me and I want to be able to support myself and it makes me feel good to be productive. The thought is there sometimes to numb myself with alcohol but I know it wont help and that I would not have these wonderful things in life if I drink. I still find my character defects popping up.

Yesterday I shared in a meeting and got ideas on how to connect better with my higher power. I have been feeling burned out lately and I thought it was because I was too involved in AA but my sponsor pointed out because of all the changes in my life that was why I was feeling that way.

I went into the jails this sunday and it really opened my eyes and made me more grateful for everything I have in my life. My sponsor has me praying everyday and writing a gratitude list. I also started exercising daily and eating healthier.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is hard, but worth every minute of it. I am glad you are working on maintaining your sobriety. Praying every day can be a good thing along with exercise and eating healthy. It sounds like you are on the right track. Keep up the awesome work.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. we are headed for trouble if we do.
one time when I was struggling my sponsor said,"tom, why do you think the word God is used over 100 times int he big book?"