SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Wanting a drink (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/304287-wanting-drink.html)

LadyBug66 08-15-2013 02:52 PM

Wanting a drink

All of a sudden I am really wanting to go home and drink. I mean it hit me hard. Stomach flip flopping mouth watering........ I'm on day 7 and I'm going to try and stay strong. Dang this hit me from out of the blue!

Dee74 08-15-2013 03:08 PM

Stay strong ladybug - it's what we do with the feelings that really counts :)
Tomorrow, you won't regret not drinking tonight

D

robgt350 08-15-2013 03:21 PM

yea hang in there i had that feelings many times.

LSC1 08-15-2013 03:24 PM

Refocus ladybug.

Find a distraction.

Ring a soberfriend.

Go for a walk.

Boil the kettle as soon as you get home.

Just don't drink today.

Mirage74 08-15-2013 04:36 PM

Hang in there Ladybug. I know, the feeling hit me hard too a little while ago. I went to the meeting and something agitated me at the meeting. I realize going to meetings and hanging around a bunch of other addicts is not always going to make you feel like roses. So anyway, I got home and just got back from a walk. Feel a little better. Might hit another meeting later. Whatever it takes to not pick up...

LadyBug66 08-15-2013 04:57 PM

I am starting to feel a little better. I think it is starting to pass. I just drank 2 liters of soda water with lime juice. Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

RobbyRobot 08-15-2013 05:18 PM

It always passes if we just let it happen and let it go along without the drinking. In these kind of times the best way forward is just meeting the challenge with knowing you can get to the safe and happy place again as the angst works itself out in a sober way. :)

Congrats on your 7 days!

Strength11 08-15-2013 06:00 PM

Congrats on 7 days! Keep moving forward one day at a time! :)

PhaseTwo 08-15-2013 06:04 PM

When you get cravings u can time it and notice that they are fleeting. As more time goes by u will see these get shorter and shorter and further apart.

LadyBug66 08-15-2013 06:17 PM

I sure hope so. Does it seem that when you aren't drinking everyone else is?

dwtbd 08-15-2013 06:53 PM

I'm pretty sure they were before you starting noticing, but remeber this is about you :)

Doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, unless of course it is the driver of the bus, let them all ploink away:)

sg43140 08-15-2013 07:14 PM

Hang in there! You can do it! I am only on day 9 but my 6th day was the hardest. Here is what I did. I took a detox bath. (Epsom salt and baking soda) and I added B-Complex to my multi vitamin. For some reason it seemed to help me. So, just a thought!

LadyBug66 08-15-2013 07:22 PM

I made it thru day 7. There was a close call for a moment today but I made it. I don't think I've made it past day 5 in a very long time. Thank you all for hanging in there with me today. I haven't shared this journey to be alcohol free with anyone but you all here and even though we've never met I rely so much on you all. Thank you 🌺

karate 08-15-2013 07:56 PM

Cravings pass quickly ,at day 7 you have it whipped .

It will require less effort on your part as time goes along .

artsoul 08-15-2013 09:13 PM

Cravings can be really uncomfortable..... to me, it was like having some kind of temporary insanity. :eek: For a brief period of time, I'd be totally convinced I needed/wanted a drink and then, usually within the hour, my sanity would return.

Coming here and just reading helped a lot (eating something, too). Good job getting through day 7! It really does get better!

kelly2000 08-16-2013 05:08 AM

I was having a really hard time on day six, and I realised something, every time I have slipped, its been related to my cycles. I apparently have very little control during oms, now that I recognise this, I have regained the power..