Notices

Sponsee Cant Get Honest

Old 08-13-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sponsee Cant Get Honest

I have a sponsee who has relapsed twice in 60 days. I told her maybe I am not the right one to carry the message, she doesn't seem to be "getting" what I am saying. Told her if it happens again maybe she will want to look around for a new sponsor. She insists she can only work with me. I suspect she was on a binge last week as her behavior was "off", but when asked point blank if she was drinking she said "no!" I believe she is lying because she is afraid I'll let her go and also because I will ask that she go to a meeting and pick up a 24 hours coin - which she has already done twice and hating being humbled like that. She wants people to think she is doing the deal. Trouble is, if she IS drinking I can deal with it, it's the dishonesty that is so tough to take. I told her previously "you can't b.s. a b.s-er" but she seems to get some sort of pleasure out of it! I myself relapsed three times until I finally surrendered and have shared all my experience associated with that with her, but don't know what else to do. Except remember that I can't get anyone drunk and I can't keep anyone sober. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are appreciated.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

She likes you because she can relapse easier than with another sponsor?
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

talk to your sponsor,read the chapter"working with others" and pray on it.