Notices

went to a wedding yesterday...

Old 08-04-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

went to a wedding yesterday...

Didn't drink a drop...the beautiful bride's step father gave her away. Her biological father wasn't there...my wife told me it's because he's an alcoholic and the bride has pretty much written him off.

I have a 10 month old daughter.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you sir, events like this help us all even further distance ourselves from alcohol and harm it will cause to other people.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been to many events where people were drinking and did not drink a drop either .

I can drink a beer or 2 and stop there easily these days , But the same reasons i used to use -for - drinking ,are oddly what i now use for not drinking .

Normally i say ,i have to work tomorrow ,or have somthing else to do that drinking would disrupt ,People that know me are not surprised ,have 2 businesses and a full time job ,plus farming . So they know i really dont have time for a hangover .

In fact ,not having time to be drunk or hungover ,keeps me sober .
Old 08-04-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! I've been to about ten events in my 7 months of sobriety where I wanted very badly to get hammered. One of the best parts of being sober is the ability to actually enjoy the entire event, instead of feeling the "switch" go on, when I stop caring about ANYTHING except guzzling down my next drink.

And one of my new goals in life is to walk my daughter down the aisle, in about 20 years or so. If I stay sober, it will happen. If I drink, it won't... either because I'll be dead or because I'll be unwanted at the wedding, like the guy in your story.

Thanks for your post.