Notices

I know more

Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know more

The first epiphanies of connectivity came as a rush. We are literally sharing an abstract experience called life. We're all trying to figure it out. Pain produces a kind of egotistical crust, a scaffold, which prevents us from having a rich experience.

But now, I want another way to explore life beyond the scaffold. Maybe I'm ready for the lighter side now. The idyll banter side.

It's still easy to forget. Especially when I'm thirsty. Alcohol is the resent button. Maybe I needed that experience to get to a new experience. The crust was there irregardless.

But where to go. Everyone is so wrapped up in boozing. 'Enjoy a nice bottle of wine' or bourbon. It's part of the casual evasion of ourselves, life. Be like these bearded Irish brothers.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep coming and BE WELL.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Re: I know more.

How would I describe my alcoholic experiences? Heart breaking comes to mind. I experienced more setbacks than anyone should have to endure. You would think that after 20+ years of alcoholic drunkenness one would finally say ‘enough already’. Well, it didn’t happen. I endured 5+ more years just for good measure. Then the unexpected happened, I almost died. After that, drinking seemed so insignificant. I finally experienced tragedy like never before, and it wasn’t too long afterwards that I finally said enough. That was 12+ years ago.

Fast forward 12 years later and who you see today is someone completely different. But the cure didn’t come overnight. I had to work hard on becoming a better person before sobriety became my priority, and even then it was a stretch. In the end, though, I wouldn’t change a thing. I no longer question my past, like I did years earlier, mostly because of what I learned. After all was said and done those questions lead me nowhere. I took a good look around and decided life is too precious to go on this way. I finally saw the light at the end of that very long tunnel. What came next was nothing short of amazing. I finally experienced sobriety like never before. But it had to start somewhere. It started with a desire and 12 years later that desire has now been replaced by trust. By trusting others, I was given the tools that would ultimately change my life. It was my way of letting go. For me; it’s how sobriety works. I hope this helps.