Notices

Sober a week today and needing support...

Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MTD

Read, read, read about the disease. It will open your eyes to what a terrible thing alcohol is to an addicted person. Not only the change in your brain that has happened and will never be the same but the damage to your sole. You can be a sober person I have five days sober and will remain that way because to drink again is not an option anymore. One drink will drown you and the swim back up is terrible. Stay strong and know that many people are going through the same thing.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Read and listen to aa speakers til your brain is full of reasons NOT to drink instead of reasons to drink. Good luck
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ironman,

Hi there. I hope you are having a good day. Today is day 11 for me and physically, I"m fine. Mentally, however, it was a rough day. THis was my first day back at work after a 2 month summer vacation....and I was tempted to grab something cold to drink after my 11 hour work day like I usually do to help me relax. I thought about this forum, and how everyone struggles on here and how we are all trying to help each other stay straight....and THAT (believe it or not) is why I poured myself an ice cold Sprite Zero in my fancy glass with ice. Yep, thats all. Just Sprite and ice. and its pretty good. Now, I'm glad I didn't relapse. We are your friends and here for you. I've got my fingers crossed for you Ironman!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
one_bite.jpg (30.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I used to think people who had sobered up where full of it. and had somehow fooled themselves that life was somehow better without booze. In my head it was like wow good for them they finally brainwashed themselves enough to think life is so great without booze idiots i'd think what do they know.

that line of thought made it soo hard for me that first 6 months to a year. I felt i was wasting my time trying to sober up and be happy. But I kept with it. 2 years later I realize they where not full of it. maybe they did brainwash themselves I dunno but they are happier and so am I so apparently being sober works and thinks do get better and life aint so bad.
Sometimes our brains need washing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
BWash.jpeg (17.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you ever feel the need for peer support, the chat room is always open and there is usually someone in there.