Notices

Relapse

Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse

I relapsed for 6 days. It was pretty epic. I though I would enjoy drinking but I was completely miserable. I did not have a good time. I had a bunch of emotions that crept up, mostly do to failure. So if your thinking that having a drink will make you feel better? It wont. Your going to feel like crap. You will have 1 drink, then 50 more. Then you will probably stop counting because you are so hammered.

I have a pretty easy going Doctor that I have told my life story to, and he did a full physical on me. I had to ask him to get me off the alcohol safely. He gave me Valium for 3 days.
WOW. I have to take Taxi Cabs everywhere because the Valium destroys me. My Doctor didn't tell me to stay in bed for 3 days. In retrospect I should have taken 3 days off work.

So I'm documenting my relapse. It was stupid and ridiculous. It was pathetic. I'm going back to treatment. Every time I go to treatment it costs me $30,000. It sux. However long it takes. I hate being on Valium, and I hate drinking.

So for everybody that is thinking of taking a quick drink to solve your temporary emotional problems. DONT DO IT!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear of your downfall. I've often thought it would be a grand thing if we could somehow cram all the feelings/sensations/outcomes/regret that we suffer as a result of an epic bender into a pill, or something. Such that we might get a brief immediate reminder of what we will be looking forward to, with great painful clarity, as a result of running to the drink again. Indeed, that quick drink to solve temporary problems ultimately creates a landslide of other problems that will potentially 'need' medicating too.......All good things to you on the next step, friend.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dismember

The good news as always is that this is just the aftermath of the relapse, it's also the point where you can make a new go at it. There needn't be any reason to ever have to go through this again.

All the best.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there... Don't beat yourself up over it, learn and move on.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jkb

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear all of that but, I still often think..."just one or two" so it is an excellent reminder.
Remember falling does not have to mean failing.... Jess
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks. I don't fully understand why I like to play with fire. Especially having sensitive skin.
My Rehab friends want nothing to do with me because I relapsed.

Im going to sleep this stupid relapse away while taking all all the ******** Valium.
A lot of Valium.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
now's the time

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I just had a two day relapse and I am now a wreck, just waiting for this hangover to be over.

We can do this!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well thanks for replying. I opted out of dealing with the "hang over" and went to my Doctor to get medication. I had to get med as I'm seizure prone. I have had seizures before. Not fun.
The Valium makes me a bit wobbly. I don't like Valium, the alternative is Dilantin. I would rather drink then take Dilantin.
My Doctor seems pretty satisfied in his treatment. I'm just super tired.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
now's the time

If I lived in Canada I would have gone to the doctor too. Unfortunately I'm unemployed in the USA so I had to risk it. This morning I was really scared but after a nap I think the withdrawal is actually not as major as I was afraid it was. I'd just forgotten what hangovers felt like.

How many more days is your med cycle?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

For anyone in the USA

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 07-31-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
If I lived in Canada I would have gone to the doctor too. Unfortunately I'm unemployed in the USA so I had to risk it. This morning I was really scared but after a nap I think the withdrawal is actually not as major as I was afraid it was. I'd just forgotten what hangovers felt like.

How many more days is your med cycle?
Hey,

For me, I am seizure prone for 3 days. 72 hours. My Doctor gives me 10 Valium. I take 4-5 on day 1, 3 on day two, and 2 on day 3. Plus I take Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B complex and a slew of Blood Pressure pills.

Keep in Mind that is what my Dr prescribed me, I'm 6 foot tall, 208 LB athletic build. I also competed in the Olympics so other then being a complete raging alcoholic, I am fairly healthy.

I don't think it really matters how much you sleep, or how good you currently feel. I had a seizure on day 3 of sobriety. I felt pretty good that day too. The seizure just hit me like a transport truck. I was completely blindsided.

I understand my alcoholism fairly well and I studied Business in University so Im not good at playing Doctor. Every time I play Doctor I fail at it.