Notices

I fell off the wagon already :(

Old 07-27-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ameilia, don't give up. Me, and many others here weren't successful right off the bat. I "quit" so many times. That's not to say keep trying the same routine... and it can be difficult for many. It certainly was for me.

You are not a failure. Just envision the real life you want to live... and remember life is tough, even without booze. Alcohol just makes it a lot harder from my experience. You feel like you need to quit. When you need something it is a responsibility.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Grateful

I have come to understand that my alcoholism is part physical and part mental. The mental part (the obsession) to drink makes me take that first drink even though I don't want to and know bad things happen when I drink. Then the physical part kicks in and I crave that next drink and the craving doesn't stop regardless of how many I drink. I can't change the physical part but if I can change the mental part then the physical part doesn't really matter. A recovery program and support from people who understand me is what helps with the mental part of not taking that first drink.

I like Mick's analogy of scratching an itch even though you know it will make it worse. That describes my mental obsession with alcohol very well.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Amelia, I agree that's the tricky part..once we start to feel better, we forget how bad we felt and think we can do it again differently this time. Don't be so hard on yourself, there really is no point, you feel bad enough as it is physically. Just get through the next few days and be patient with yourself. Never give up, you will get there
Old 07-27-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AmeiliaRose View Post
I feel so angry and disappointed at myself and totally pathetic
You're being WAY too hard on yourself. Remember, you are only human and us humans have a tendency to f_ck up. Life is all about falling off that horse, and then getting right back on
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is progressive. Beware !