Notices

keeps drawing me in. . dragging me down

Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

keeps drawing me in. . dragging me down

I haven't posted in awhile cause I never really know what to say. .but here goes. ..
How do I feel today? I feel guilty, again that I drank all night Friday and Saturday day....by Saturday night I was home alone, passed out in my bathroom for 4 hours...I had that really sincere vow I told myself yet again about never doing this again. Well, slept all day Sunday...shook/tremored and clammed up/sweat all day Monday with more sleeping. I started to really feel sad that I use this amazing time off to just be completely sick, I can't even leave my house. I really get sad that I have beautiful opportunities before me....like going on a hike through our beautiful mountains...getting out in nature and this awesome weather....but I just lie in bed feeling sick, lethargic, depressed and beaten. This is continuous cycle on and off again and drinking is now all-consuming of me.....Now it is Tuesday, and I have called into work for the millionth time ...shakes and whole body twtiches and sweats....and I almost couldn't care less if I lose my job or anything else right now! I used to care but its like nothing matters to me anymore....I used to live life and smile everyday and have hobbies! Goals....and DREAMS
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Time to do something different shine. I suggest you try AA. Call your local AA office and ask them where you can find a meeting. Find the courage to go. Sit and listen. If you have the opportunity tell them it's a first meeting (or the first meeting in awhile). Then come back and tell us how it was. All the best to you.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dont know your age ,But the older you get ,the longer the hangovers last .

That is about all needed to keep me on the correct path .

Ill bet id feel bad 3 days if i tied on one of those puking drunk nights .

Think about the hangover when you start ,That might help ?

Friends asked how i went from getting drunk daily ,to now ,Told them i got tired of feeling bad .
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was the same way get up and drink all day sun up to sun down and again the next day. Then be sick for the next few days after that. I'm only on my 9th day sober but I feel great and I'm never going back. I know it can be hard to stop but once you feel better go to a meeting it can really help put you on the right path.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 83polk View Post
I was the same way get up and drink all day sun up to sun down and again the next day. Then be sick for the next few days after that. I'm only on my 9th day sober but I feel great and I'm never going back. I know it can be hard to stop but once you feel better go to a meeting it can really help put you on the right path.

I thought i was the only one that felt bad for multiple days after a bender .

I could always count on one day totally ruined. then the ANXEITY attacks were brutal ,im mean BRUTAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the kind words...I do need to find the support and love and WILLPOWER to quit....I'm on the verge of losing my job, and can't say I've cared about much...especially in the past couple years of this....been a binge drinker for 9 years...I am a 28 year old female