Notices

Some AA Miracles Are Different Than Others

Old 07-23-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dismember

Some AA Miracles Are Different Than Others

So I've got a problem with this one guy who lives with me in the house I rent. He's basically been not paying rent, paying it late, has been lying about all kinds of stuff, and has the rest of us in trouble with our landlord too.

Due to the type of lease we have, it also puts the responsibility of dealing with him on us. It's been a source of enormous stress on me, and I have medical anxiety issues to boot. It's been going on for weeks. Tonight I thought to myself, I just wish I knew a lawyer who'd give some pro-bono advice.

That's when it hit me that my temporary sponsor was a lawyer! I plan to ask him for a little help; I realize he might decline. I accept that. But what a lucky chance anyway.

What it reminds me of is one of those other perks of AA. You make good connections outside the group sometimes. Someone knows of a job. Someone comes help with your garden. Even just trade BioShock tips.

Not any part of the AA program or any recovery program specifically, but they're a nice after effect.

Last edited by Isaiah; 07-23-2013 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Hit Save Too Soon