Notices

Most BEERS You've drank in one day?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

by the end, I was getting blackout drunk on a 6 pack.
that was after many years of drinkin however much it took to get drunk, blackout, and pass out.

for me, quantity wasn't the problem. what I did while drinkin was.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I have drank a case of 30 bottles of beer in one day. Don't worry, you are no worse than many of us here. I understand why you asked the question. I also used to think that I was the worst alcoholic on the planet.

*To others posting critical messages, just don't answer the question if you don't like it.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

7 or 8 tall cans, but whenever it was beers it was also hard alcohol as well, but in the end it was all hard alcohol, a 26er plus a mickey at the end
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Can't remember ...
Old 07-23-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Grateful

At the end I drank for oblivion, so whatever it took that is how much I drank. I guess if you put it in "units" to make things equal it was probably a dozen units or more on a daily basis.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

At my peak, I was drinking very heavily (10-16 beers a day). That decreased drastically over time, but the damage was done. In the end, I usually drank less than 6 a day, but it was the suffering and problems it caused and my inability to stop that mattered. Even at the much lower level, my brain and body could not heal and were still getting worse.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I think the most I drank in a day was before I developed a serious problem with alcohol and was during the Reading festival UK - we started drinking at 10 30 am and between 5 of us we managed 4.5 crates of 500ml Stella Artois cans, myself probably having had around 20 - 25 of them by 2am the next day before I crashed. Probably made about 20 toilet trips throughout the day!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

The last few years of my drinking was mostly vodka. But on my very last day of drinking, which incidentally was two years ago today, I started with an 18 pack of Mich Ultra. Even though I had pretty much stopped eating, I still felt the need to watch them carbs. After I polished the 18 pack off, and feeling not the slightest bit buzzed, I then proceed to kill all the remaining vodka and rum, that was in the house. And, as the old sayin goes, that's all she wrote.

However, there were many days in my 30 plus years of drinking, that I drank a case (24 - 12 ounce cans or bottles) or more. Unfortunately, or fortunately I'll never know my all time high, or my all time low, depending on how one wants to look at it.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

It doesn't matter. I don't even know. I just know I drank more than 1 and that was 1 too many.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wheresthefun View Post
The last few years of my drinking was mostly vodka. But on my very last day of drinking, which incidentally was two years ago today, I started with an 18 pack of Mich Ultra. Even though I had pretty much stopped eating, I still felt the need to watch them carbs. After I polished the 18 pack off, and feeling not the slightest bit buzzed, I then proceed to kill all the remaining vodka and rum, that was in the house. And, as the old sayin goes, that's all she wrote.

However, there were many days in my 30 plus years of drinking, that I drank a case (24 - 12 ounce cans or bottles) or more. Unfortunately, or fortunately I'll never know my all time high, or my all time low, depending on how one wants to look at it.

Yes ,the hard stuff was the begenning of the end for me ,It was too easy to drink way too much way too fast .

By the time the first shot of liquor had time to take effect ,I already had 10 more down .

I do remember one time a fellow in line behind me at the liquor store ,buying a plastic bottle ,pint of vodkia . I thought " glad im not that bad "

I was ,just had more money to spend .
Old 07-25-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

If you can still count you're not drinking enough

Just kidding. My best guess would be about 25.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adillac View Post
If you can still count you're not drinking enough

Just kidding. My best guess would be about 25.

I thought that also ,thats why my replies said "about "

I will say this ,the tractor in my avitar had lots of beers drank in it ,wish i had a dollar for each one .

Nothing uncommon to see empty beer cans in a tractor or combine cab ,no danger of a DWI ,but those pesky fences and telephone poles jump out at the edge of the plow, hard to judge the distance when its 10-20 feet from where you are sitting .

Some of us have forgot to turn the tractor off and left it running all night ,lights on .

Neighbors passed at 4 am said ,saw you were really out early ......Yeah right .

Forgot about it ,,,,,,,, Also fell out of the other tractor ,hit the ground ,missed all the steps . ......

OH ,the great times ........ damn i miss those
lossing my damn keys .......tools ,ect

Cant belive i can laugh about all that stuff now ,but i might as well cant change it .

If i can help one person here ,then thats my goal .

If i can identify with just one and help them .........
Old 07-26-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
zjw

how many? it was more like OH god I hope theres enough in there for tonight. I drank till i physically could not drink anymore. Lucky for me I generlaly didnt start drinking till after 5 of course towards the end of my carreer I realized maybe I have a problem when at 9am i was itchen for one and by noon I was haveing a couple with lunch to take the edge off and by 3 or 4pm while on the clock i was getting a head start on the evening.

Once i started I didnt stop. I never saw that as a problem. I do now but then I didnt. Triggers that I ha a problem where breaking some of my golden rules IE no beer till after work rule. yeah I tossed that out the window. and the panic and jitters in the morning started to get me wondering...

It would be no big deal for me to drink 15-16 beers and start in on a few glasses of wine if the beer ran out or some liquor etc.. I also was at the point too where I'd get so drunk I'd puke that would sober me up enough to go ahead and drink some more so I kinda of welcomed it.

At times I was proud of this. other times it kinda scared me. Eventually it scared me enough thankfully. Day in and day out jitters hangovers panic etc.. no thanks.

my story isnt even that scary compared to most. I can compare notes and as bad as i thought i had it i realize i still had it way easier then most! but in the midst of it all yeah I had it worse then anyone! I realize now I'm friggen lucky to be here tho and I dunno how i recovered but somehow I did and thankfully it wasnt any worse.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

When I was out, I lost count. I would drink until the place closed. At home it would be a 70cl of vodka or whisky. I would drink until I passed out.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

My Grandad stopped drinking at a pretty late stage in life ,he was about 73 ,While he was very sucessful ,and i would put him in the edge of problem drinker area .

After he quit when someone would offer him a beer ,he would say "I already drank my boxcar load of beer ,thats enough "
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Gosh, I think around 480oz one time.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Indenial618 View Post
It's answers like the previous ones that made me leave this forum several years ago. I don't understand why people can't just support each other but instead have to reply with a sarcastic, unsupportive answer. Maybe it's just comforting to haves comparison. Obviously a new member with a simple question and belittled immediately by others. Not cool. Sorry I do not have an answer for you as beer was not my drink of choice. I too tend to compare to others to make me feel not so alone in my disease. I see nothing wrong with your question. Keep on keeping.
I agree. What gives one poster the right to berate someone in early sobriety trying to feel their way around. So condescending! Ugh.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think that issue was settled a few days back, guys.

Seeing as the OP seems to have moved on from this thread and we keep revisiting old ground, I think we're done here

thanks all

D