Notices

what do I do?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what do I do?

hello my name is caitlin i started aa meeting yesterday to get my life where it needs to b but when i got home my parents yelled at me for not being home with my son what do i do
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by formysononly View Post
hello my name is caitlin i started aa meeting yesterday to get my life where it needs to b but when i got home my parents yelled at me for not being home with my son what do i do
to SR Caitlin and congratulations on taking the first step and going to AA. My friendly suggestion would be to check with your AA meeting if it is ok to take your child with you. A lot of meetings are kids friendly (my old home group used to keep coloring books and legos for the little ones).
I would suggest that you join the July class http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-pt-2-a-3.html
you will get a lot of support from your peers who quit at the same time than you and are going through the same thing.
I also encourage you to join us at the 24hours club where we pledge to remain sober for the next 24hrs. Good way to hold ourselves accountable and Deeker does a terrific job facilitating it.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4072363
Old 07-16-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Caitlin - welcome to SR
can you explain to your parents how important it is that you work on your recovery?

failing that can you pay for a sitter, or find a child friendly AA meeting?

D
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome young lady. Were here for you. Do wat it takes to quit drinking. AA will help you and so will we. Your baby needs a sober mommy. Hang in there girl.