Notices

It sure is better after a few days

Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It sure is better after a few days

I would have not thought that I would ever feel better after my recent relapse...even though it was really painful I guess that's the lesson learned about taking another drink. My physical pain is over way sooner than my emotional pain. That's the one that gets me everytime.
myjourney
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At least your here and not drinking. Thats a miracle! If someone gave you a BIG winning lotto ticket would you feel emotional pain? Think about it. Your in this lifeboat called sobriety. Not drowning in the sea of pain and misery with inevitable death looming over you. Be happy my friend. Its rare we as alcoholics get a chance like this. Happy your with us!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling a little better MyJourney4me

D
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EndGame

The days, weeks and months seemed interminable when I was drinking. The same miserable things each and every day. The walking dead. When I completed detox, it was startling to me how the people in my life, and the world itself, had continued moving forward without me.

Six days, leads to six months, six years...and however long we stay sober. Time goes by much more quickly for me, in part because my days are so much fuller.

Life awaits.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your replies.....how easy we can forget just how bad it feels until we go there again. I pray I never do because we don't know when it could be our last. I'm not getting any younger and I like feeling good, which I took for granted when I would have some sobriety time.
myjourney
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The older I've become(53) the harder the hangovers get. 2 day minimum was the norm. I was spending half my life on the couch wasting days sick. This disease in so insidious people don't realize it before its too late. Thanks for post myjourney. Helps keep us all sober.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're back and feeling a little better...... Keep it simple, take it a day at a time and know that each day you're sober, it WILL get a little better and better!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I often reflect back and amjust very thankful those days of torture are behind me .

Could not stand drinking ,could not quit !

Yes in the words of Hank JR. , "The hangovers hurt worse than they used to".
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I read that after about 4 days the dangers of major withdrawal are very lessened .

After you get to where you dont have to worry about a siezure ,Then its not "easy", But tolerable .
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi. When I stopped drinking I was/am a person who wants it now. Fortunately at the AA meetings I went to it was said that if I got what I wanted I wouldn't be able to handle it well at all, so true. Most of us did some serious mental and physical damage to ourselves and it takes that four lettered word TIME to repair if we are lucky. For myself my brain needed a lot of repair and is still in need of daily maintenance years later. It's called some are sicker than others. My maintenance includes 3-5 meetings a week trying to help another alcoholic and continue the principals of the program. It works for me. BE WELL