Notices

Hypnosis Anyone?

Old 05-22-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hypnosis Anyone?

I heard an interesting ad on the radio yesterday for The Phoenix One Method for abstaining from alcohol and other such addictions. Of course I found it intreeging so I had to look up the web site. They sure make it sound simple and short and they have an office in my area. Well guess they would, seeing as how they advertised in my area, duh. Anyone here ever tried it for quiting booze or ever considered it?
Old 05-22-2004, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

From those I know who have tried it. It's a very short term fix. In healing ourselves or finding a way to maintain sobreity, I found it necessary to find a group of people just like me, listen to what they suggested, and work very hard with the tools they gave me. That's what's worked for me. Good luck, if you go through with it, please come back to share as someone else here may have the same questions.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I tried Hypnosis for stop smoking. As Chy said... it is a short fix.
What they tell you with the smoking hypnosis... if a trama comes in life, that would be the only thing to crush the Hypnosis. Well a lost 4 year old (found under a bed later) my nerves of iron turned to butter and as soon as my wife came in I took her smokes and made them mine. Worked great for 8 days though. The steps seem to be the best way I have seen. I would think Hypnosis and the steps could be a good idea but in my opinion, the Hypnosis by itself... a long shot with a quick fix.

Last edited by best; 05-22-2004 at 10:10 AM. Reason: because I made a mis-take *LOL*
Old 05-22-2004, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm not considering it because so far the book is working for me. Just curious to know others experience with it. Like I said I do know someone who used it for smoking and it worked great. So I am guessing it is possible it does work, but probably not as often as a lot of methods.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hypnosis has worked very well for me, quitting smoking, and many other great things. Never tried it to quit drinking, but the key is very simple, it works on your subconscious.

Are you willing to go to any lengths?

Tom
Old 05-26-2004, 10:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
First Things First

We unlock the door to freedom with the key of willingness. I myself use to scoff at Hypnosis until at about 2 years into recovery I met a Doctor Bauer PhD. I have incorporated many of his techniques into my 11 step action. The results have been amazing. Peace of mind and clarity of thought is a wonderful byproduct.

What is Hypnosis?