Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

How long did you drink everyday for and how much in an average day?

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How many years have/had you been drinking for, do you/did you drink every day? and how much in an average day? Did you ever go for long periods without food and how long for? When did you know that you were physically dependent?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For about thirty years, lately ben really bad.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About 5 years , 12 pack a day of keystone light ,later on added 1-2
Half gallons whiskey a week .

Went a few evenings without dinner , but never entire day without food .

Knew I was in trouble when I started waking up with shakes , that was about1-2 months from the end .
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnxiousAspie View Post
How many years have/had you been drinking for, do you/did you drink every day?
26 years, 3 to 4 1/2 gallons of whiskey a week.

how much in an average day?
I have no clue. I just poured it in my glass and topped it off with some diet Coke.

Did you ever go for long periods without food and how long for?
No. I did not skip eating for days. On weekends I did not eat all day then I would eat right before I was ready to pass out and sometimes passed out before eating.

When did you know that you were physically dependent?
I have no clue. I had no major withdrawal symptoms. Mine were over a period of a month or so. Tired, extreme thirst, no appetite, weight loss, itchy skin and I was cold. All of them went away before the two month mark.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

'social' drinking - 4-5 pints strong lager, then a bottle and a half of wine, at least 4 days a week.

secret drinking - as much vodka as i could get down my neck before passing out, always making sure to stash enough to kickstart the following morning.

on and off, heavily, for the last 10 years. i have always drunk heavily though, apart from 13 months when i was pregnant/breastfeeding, and that was 14 years ago...
Old 07-15-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How many years have/had you been drinking for, do you/did you drink every day? and how much in an average day? Did you ever go for long periods without food and how long for? When did you know that you were physically dependent?
I crossed the invisible line some time when I was 21 years old and drank very heavily until I was 27. At first it would just be 2 malt liquors or beers from the gas station one or two nights a week. Then it turned into a 6 pack of beer every weekend. Then two six packs a weekend. About a year later I was drinking most nights and started drinking 12 packs instead. Two years after that I was drinking every single night and started dabbling with wine and liquor a lot more too. During the last year or so of drinking I would drink 1/4 of a large bottle of rum every night (or more). Either that or I would have 3 large 24 oz. cans of Steel Reserve (very strong beer!).

I would eat less and less the more I drank through the years. During my last year, I became razor thin from lack of eating. I knew early on that I was developing a dependency on alcohol but didn't really care too much at the time. I thought it was just harmless fun at the time. I don't think I can return to those days ever again though. The pain and events I went through in my last two years of drinking were enough for me to quit.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

7 years..started with just beer, but quickly escalated to 2 ml (?) a large bottle of vodka would last me about two days.
When I wasn't working, I'd be drinking from morning to evening; I recall calling fr delivery pizza a lot and some nights waking up noticing I would occasionally vomit whatever food I ate.
I knew I was physically dependent when I would go every other day without drinking, just a nasty hangover, got tired of that and ended up drinking everyday.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

10 years every single day - the last 1.5 - 2 years was hard liquor whiskey and vodka about a 26er each day plus beers.