Notices

The ANTI-DRINK ............

Old 07-12-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The ANTI-DRINK ............

I was going to post this last night ,But forgot .

Here goes ,My idea is most alocholics have low blood sugar and /or a deficent diet ,This makes the problem just keep feeding its self .

My cure - Mens mega sport vitimans from GNC

And a drink i make ,2 cups apple juice ,hand full of raw broccli ,carrots ,bannah , or what ever you want .

Throw this in the blender add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds , and grind it up and drink .

Im sure nutrition has been a BIG help in me staying off alochol .
Old 07-12-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Nutrition has absolutely helped me as heal.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats part of the reason i quit AA ,the people would in no way accept what i was saying about nutrition .

They want to eat candy ,But would not accept the idea of vitimans or protien shakes .

Im almost sure alocholics are all deficent in vitimans .
Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes totally, i agree on the low blood sugar. my mom, her dad, and my other granddad are my family members w sweet tooths and are recovering alcoholics.

the best deterrent i had this week from picking up another drink (sober for 4+ days) is the revelation that alcohol is a lot like sugar. i am really disciplined about eating healthy (like organic salads etc) and exercising a lot, because i can't get much done when i am jacked up on bad sugars. i was in a lot of denial about how i might as well just throw away all those efforts in health, if i was going to drink a couple bottles of wine plus most days. imagining alcohol like an evil sugary bad carb has helped me not drink this friday.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

After I quit alcohol the sugar cravings really kicked in. I finally just had to quit sugar cold turkey. Sweet preference, sugar addiction and t... [J Psychoactive Drugs. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI There is something to it. There was a link on here about april with the pathways it affects.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by karakyle View Post
yes totally, i agree on the low blood sugar. my mom, her dad, and my other granddad are my family members w sweet tooths and are recovering alcoholics.

the best deterrent i had this week from picking up another drink (sober for 4+ days) is the revelation that alcohol is a lot like sugar. i am really disciplined about eating healthy (like organic salads etc) and exercising a lot, because i can't get much done when i am jacked up on bad sugars. i was in a lot of denial about how i might as well just throw away all those efforts in health, if i was going to drink a couple bottles of wine plus most days. imagining alcohol like an evil sugary bad carb has helped me not drink this friday.
Nutrition is very important guys but lets not over rate it!

During much of my obsessive drinking I ate very well (long periods vego)
involved in body building and cardio (when I didn't have a hangover) yet alcohol remained a major problem.

We really need to take much more on board IMO.

I agree many recovering alcoholics tend to opt for other destructive habits.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Thats part of the reason i quit AA ,the people would in no way accept what i was saying about nutrition .

They want to eat candy ,But would not accept the idea of vitimans or protien shakes .

Im almost sure alocholics are all deficent in vitimans .
Sorry to hear about your experience.

In over thirty years in AA I never once heard or heard about anyone dismissing good nutrition as an important part of recovery.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Do a search for DeltaFosB there is some very interesting stuff on the way all this ties together (including the fact that I used to be a runner) I agree it's not a solution but it provides some tools to help us get better.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nutrition is important, but make no mistake, it is not the cause of alcoholism or problem drinking.

I've always eaten well, I have a physical every year, my health is good. Yet I still had a problem with binge drinking.

Having said that, I think any recovery program should include good nutrition and an exercise program. Eating well and exercising will certainly help recovery addicts to feel better, both physically and emotionally.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm with you Karate

This is kind of different but, I read online that a cure for smoking cigarettes is wheatgrass. If you want to quit, simply take a wheatgrass shot and then try to smoke. You seriously can't!

I've found juicing to be absolutely essential in my recovery from alcohol and cigarettes. One of my favorite "shots" to help curb cravings is a cocktail of turmeric, ginger, cayenne, lemon and oil of oregano. THAT will put hair on your chest!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just as a side note. The expensive multivitamins are basically a wast of money. The water soluble vitamins should be taken throughout the day rather than taken if one big dose. Just take a regular one a day 2 times instead. Extra B and C vitamins if you want. Much less expensive.

I am currently trying to get my degree in Kenisiology.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My plan will cost over the span of several days ,about the same as a 12 pack of beer .

And my idea wont hurt you ,if it does not help .
Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
My plan will cost over the span of several days ,about the same as a 12 pack of beer .

And my idea wont hurt you ,if it does not help .
Did not mean to offend. Just suggesting another way of doing it.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jfin3317 View Post
Did not mean to offend. Just suggesting another way of doing it.
Im about the most difficult to offend fellow you will ever run across .