Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Did any of you really really LIKE drinking and see it as a positive?

Notices

Did any of you really really LIKE drinking and see it as a positive?

Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
One thing I learned is that denial is not merely denying to others that you have a problem, but genuinely not seeing the problem at all. I was like that for 27 years. I honestly thought everyone else was odd for not drinking so much that they experience these things. It was normal to me.
I agree so much with this. I really thought there were more people out there like me than not like me. I started working PT in a restaurant not all that long ago (hadn't in many years). Now when I used to go to a restaurant..more than likely I'd had a glass of wine or two prior to going..plus I'd have to have at LEAST two glasses at restaurant. You know how many people go to restaurants who don't order booze at all??? Blew my freakin' mind. You know how many people order glasses of wine and don't finish them? Seriously..it happens. Also I remember taking an airline flight when I was on some "sobriety" bout so when the attendant asked me what I wanted to drink I ordered a coke or whatever. Prior to, I had noticed that really no one before me had ordered an alcoholic beverage...again, shocker!!

In addition to other reasons, I don't think I want to go to a pub late in the eve and see how many people are NOT completely hammered, slurring the words, stumbling to the bathroom or making out in public.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I pretty much loved it until the day it put me in the hospital. Since that day, I love being sober MUCH more.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I agree so much with this. I really thought there were more people out there like me than not like me. I started working PT in a restaurant not all that long ago (hadn't in many years). Now when I used to go to a restaurant..more than likely I'd had a glass of wine or two prior to going..plus I'd have to have at LEAST two glasses at restaurant. You know how many people go to restaurants who don't order booze at all??? Blew my freakin' mind. You know how many people order glasses of wine and don't finish them? Seriously..it happens. Also I remember taking an airline flight when I was on some "sobriety" bout so when the attendant asked me what I wanted to drink I ordered a coke or whatever. Prior to, I had noticed that really no one before me had ordered an alcoholic beverage...again, shocker!!

In addition to other reasons, I don't think I want to go to a pub late in the eve and see how many people are NOT completely hammered, slurring the words, stumbling to the bathroom or making out in public.

I just normally tell people ,i have to get up early and go to work ,No time for that foolishness .

Im shocked by the people that say ,Yea me too .

I read one time , that a small percentage of the people drink a large amount of the alochol ,But it seems true .

I feel better ,if i dont drink .I think almost everyone does .