Notices

Real life

Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Real life

I have a job now (I'm on my lunch break) and part of me wishes I could just go back to working on my recovery full time instead. Now I can't go to meetings during the day and fart around all day.

I have to work on my school work and go to meetings at night after work. Gee, I am almost a normal person .

Sorry, I am yammering. I guess I need to work on balance in my life. I have never had it.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i work 7:30am to 6:30 - 7 PM weekdays. No big deal, I go to 8 or 8:30PM AA or NA meetings. You will find that the majority of other people are in the same situation. Work all day and meetings at night.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

consider it a blessi9ng to have the program to help you through anything you encounter!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

Hey, "real life" is working on your recovery full time. If you go to meetings you are just talking about it. Find how you can apply things in your "real life" and you will see what recovery actually is. I do understand what you mean though. I also have felt the same way before. I could "fart around" all the time given the chance.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

Elzabeth, we all fumble on our way. Finding a way to live your recovery in your work and normal day will help. For me this means being open to experience and maintaining an awareness of the ongoing gifts of sobriety.